What's happened to Ant?

<that evening>
After the 4 ladies left the hospital, Sarha and Emma headed back to Sarha's house whilst Anne and Christine stopped at her house to get Hurley and few of her things. Once she got the things she needed, Christine then went with Anne back to her house.
<next morning>
[in Anne's living room]
(Third person P. O. V)
Both Anne and Christine were sat on Anne's sofa and having a cup of tea each. Christine was still in shock about Ant's condition and so was Anne, who hasn't told Dec or Ali yet.
"I just can't get over it Anne. My poor Anthony is in a coma because of that reckless young drunk driver." Christine sadly said.
"I know Christine, I'm the same. Anthony doesn't deserve this, I hope that driver gets what he deserves for driving in that manner.", said Anne sadly.
Christine then started having fresh tears coming from her eyes and then asked.
"Have you told Dec yet?"
"No, I told Ali first thing this morning. I directly told her to cancel any plans they had and come up here as soon as they could. I only mentioned that something happened to Anthony nothing else." Anne replied.
"Thanks Anne, you're so kind." Christine sadly said whilst wiping away her tears.
"Hey now, Anthony not just your son. He's my son too, just like my Declan is your son. We both accepted it when the boys were 13 years old." Anne supportively said while gently squeezing Christine's hand.
The two mothers then quietly drank their teas.
<mid morning>
By mid morning, the two women stayed in to avoid any reporters. During that time, Christine had a call from Sarha saying how she and Emma collected Ant's car and his belongings from the hospital when they went to visit him and were there if they needed them which both Christine and Anne were glad about.
<current time>
[living room]
Both Anne and Christine were sat and having a cup of tea till suddenly they both heard a car parking outside and child screaming.
"It's Declan, I can recognise his car and Isla's screams anywhere." Anne quickly said.
"I'm not sure I'm ready to tell him and Ali about Anthony." Christine worriedly said.
"Don't worry love, we'll do it together like we agreed." Anne supportively replied.
Before Christine could say anything, the two mothers heard the front door opening and Dec shouting.
"MAM, WE'RE HERE!"
"WE'RE IN HERE DECLAN!" Anne shouted back.
Just then, Dec and Ali came in along with Rocky and Isla who was crying in Ali's arms.
"What's wrong with Isla?" Anne worriedly asked.
"Nothing Anne, she's just tired. We've woken her from her nap." Ali reassuringly said.
"Oh I see, why don't you take her upstairs and settle her back off again?" Anne suggested.
Ali did what Anne said and headed upstairs with Isla. But as for Dec, he was starting get worried when he saw how upset Christine was so he worriedly asked.
"Mam, Christine. What's going on? Where's Ant? What's happened to him?"
"Declan, calm down sweetheart. Christine and I will tell you everything when Ali comes back." Anne sternly said.
After hearing what his mother was saying, Dec calm down a bit and sat down. Once Ali came back from settling Isla and sitting next Dec. Christine, who was holding Anne's hands, sadly and quietly said.
"Dec, Ali. I've got some bad news for you both and you both aren't going to like it."
"What bad news? Does it got to do Ant?", asked Ali.
"Yes Ali, it does." Anne replied.
"What happened Christine?" Dec desperately asked.
"Anthony got hit by a car." Christine sadly answered.
Christine began crying again but was pulled in a hug by Anne who was trying her best not to cry as well. As for Dec and Ali, they were both quiet and speechless.
"How did he? Where did it" Dec stammered.
"Yesterday. The two of us were having a walk and were heading back in to his car till there was a car speeding in the car park. It was coming close to this little toddler but Anthony pushed her out of the way and took the hit from the car himself." Christine explained whist still crying.
"Oh my god, how badly hurt is he?" Ali worriedly asked.
Christine couldn't answer as she too upset to tell so Anne decided to do it. After a big deep breathe, Anne very slowly but clearly said.
"Very bad. He had to have surgery because there was some internal injuries and fracture dislocation of his leg. But here comes the very bad news."
"What bad news Mam?", asked a worried Dec.
"Anthony is in a medically induced coma Declan." Anne sadly answered.
When she was finished, Anne went quiet and carried on comforting Christine who was still crying but as for Dec, he couldn't move and was stunned. As for Ali, she began crying herself.
"Oh poor Ant. I'm so sorry Christine." Ali sobbed.
Christine pulled away from Anne, got up and so did Ali and the pair of them then hugged. Anne then got up and suggested that both she and Ali make a fresh cup of tea, Ali agreed and went with Anne.
As soon they left, Christine then sat next Dec who was still stunned in shock.
"Dec." Christine whispered.
Dec then burst into a uncontrollable crying fit.
Christine, starting to crying herself, pulled Dec into hug.
"It's ok Dec, it's ok." Christine whispered into Dec's ear
"I just can't believe it Christine. I really can't." Dec sobbed.
Christine began rubbing Dec's back and was silently crying herself. Just as Anne and Ali came back in, the two joined the hug and were all crying for Ant.