ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀɴɪʀ

Burkitsville Gas Station

Dean pulls up to the station where Emily was standing by the gas pumps. He switches the car off and looks back at Aurora who was sleeping with her book lying on top of her. Dean takes the book off her and replaces it with a blanket. He gets out the car and walks to the back of it.

"Your back." Emily smiles.

"Never left." Dean replies and leans against the Impala.

"Still looking for your friends?" She asks.

Dean nods. "You mind filling her up there, Emily?" He asks. Emily nods and grabs a pump before filling up the Impala.
"So, you grew up here?"

"I came here when I was thirteen. I lost my parents. Car accident. My aunt and uncle took me in." Emily explains.

"They're nice people." Dean points out.

"Everybody's nice here." Emily admits.

"So, what, it's the uh, perfect little town?" Dean questions.

"Well, you know,its the boonies. But I love it. I mean, the towns around us,people are losing their homes, their farms. But here, it's almost like we're blessed." Emily says with a small smile.

Dean nods and looks around." Hey, you been out to the orchard? You seen that scarecrow?" He asks.

"Yeah. It creeps me out." Emily admits.

Dean looks down and laughs." Whose is it?" He asks.

"I don't know. It's just always been there." Emily shrugs. Dean sees a red van parked in the garage and motions to it.

"That your aunt and uncle's?" He asks. Emily looks back the van and shakes her head.

"Customer. Had some car trouble." She replies.

"Is not a couple, is it? A guy and a girl?" Dean asks.

"Mmhmm." Emily nods.

"Thanks." Dean says and Emily nods before leaving. Dean looks to Scotty's cafe before opening the back door. He shakes Aurora awake.

"Five more minutes." Aurora grumbles.
Dean sighs before lighting up and putting on a small smile.

"I'll get you apple pie if you wake up." Dean negotiates.

"With apple juice. " Aurora adds in a mumble with her eyes still closed.

"With apple juice." Dean nods.

"And a biscuit for dolphy?" Aurora asks.

"Now that's a lot." Dean says and Aurora turns away from him. "Yes, okay. And a biscuit for dolphy." He caves. Aurora grins and opens her eyes.

"Let's go." Aurora exclaims and jumps out of the car and grabs a hold of Dean's hand.

"You little rascal." Dean shakes his head.
"Were you playing me this whole time?" He asks as he closes the door and they make their way to the Cafè.