72. I Still Want You

The raven head flinched.

"He lost me the second he hides the truth from me and even dares to think I would cheat on him with Jay. He bloody thinks I allowed someone to touch me and claim me when he didn't even bother to clarify anything!"

It hurts the true alpha hearing the words out of his mate's mouth. Is Taehyung rejecting Jungkook as his mate? He can't possibly do that right?

"He fucking poisoned your friends and Jungkook's father." Jimin snapped at the brown head.

"On what basis are you saying Jay is the one responsible?" Taehyung challenged the silver head back.

"His scent."

All eyes were on Jungkook. Although his eyes were straining back the anger and hurt from what his mate confessed, he needed to ensure that he speaks the truth right now. There is no point in him hiding anymore.

"What? Are you out of-..." Taehyung was stopped mid-sentence by his brother.

"Taehyung, as human-wolves we do carry our distinguished scent. Even you as a supernatural being has a scent on you which only your mate or family members can recognize. It's unique in that way. That's how Jungkook can catch Jay's scent which scented like mint. Although he hide his scent pretty well from us, he can't do that with Jungkook as Jungkook is a true blood with better sensing ability."

"What is the fucking connection of how he smells? To the point that you are accusing him as the one poisoning others with wolfsbane?" Taehyung couldn't connect the dots.

"Calum told me that dad was the only one who requested for mint tea after the dinner party at his house. My father is the only one who drinks fresh mint tea in the family and at gatherings. Those who are close to him would know that. That night, Calum didn't prepare any for him and he asked a servant in his house to get the tea from a nearby store. That was how Jay had the chance to put the wolfsbane poison in the tea, mixing it with mint as the combo of these two is quite deadly."

Jay smirked at the true alpha. Jungkook explained while his eyes bore through the blond head's skull.

"W-what about Jin Hyung? He was with us throughout." Taehyung questioned the raven head.

"On the day when we're coming back..." Jungkook momentarily looked over at Taehyung who gulped. That was the day they took a detour and consummated their mate bond. Taehyung had no clue about it but Jungkook did.

The thought about being intimate with his mate made Jungkook flustered for a second before he cleared his throat flustering Taehyung in the process. The brown head shied away from looking at the raven head when the flash of images him pounding into Jungkook came to live in his mind.

"...as we were heading back. Joon Hyung bought Jin a cup of mint ice cream. It was the ice cream at the corner of our pack territory. Knowing how close this bastard is moving within us, it wasn't hard to guess he was targetting people who are close to me."

Jay's dry chuckles caught everyone's attention. He wanted to hold onto his victim card for a little longer but his arrogant ego brushed past it and surfaced when he was done being the weak one.

'Well done Jeon, not bad. You're certainly the best among all these shrimp heads. Well apart from my sweet boy over there." He pointed at Taehyung with a playful wink.

"J-jay?"

"Yes sweetie? Why don't you just stand aside and let me handle this? After all, we are now connected as one." Jay raised his palm and showed the rest of the members his dried blood-stained palm.