Chapter 6: My Friend's Behaviour

Start from the beginning

I just shrug. "Nah, she's fine. I'm already used to it." I say as I take my notebook and a pen out of my bag.

"Hmm, okay, if you say so." She says softly while taking her things out as well and put it on her desk.

I nod my head awkwardly as Mr. Kang begins to discuss our lesson topic for today, causing Mina and I to look at him while paying attention to his words.

And to my surprise, all of us remain silent as we listen to our professor's discussion. Some students probably learned from previous lessons we had on our first day with Mr. Kang and knowing him, it is possible that we are going to have another short quiz today, that's for sure.

As I expected, we do have a short quiz afterwards.

"Okay, class dismiss." I hear Mr. Kang says as all students begin to pack their things, getting ready to leave.

"So what's your subject next?" I hear Mina ask.

"Um..." I quickly look at my paper and groan. "Chemistry."

"Can I take a look at it?" She ask as I give it to her. After a few seconds of looking, she hand it back to me and smiles. "I guess I'll see you in Chemistry then."

My mouth gape a little. "You're in the same class as mine?" I ask and she nods.

Before asking another question to Mina, I suddenly feel a tight hold around my wrist, causing me to look at the person and it is Sana. "Let's go, Y/N." Sana says as she tries to pull me with her.

I frown as I wiggle my wrist, trying to pull away from her grip. "What's in a rush? We have time, Sana." She slightly glares at me, causing me to feel surprise for the first time seeing her like that.

"We're going to be late for our next subject, so let's go." I yelp as her grip tighten.

"Hey, you're hurting her." I hear Mina speaks as she goes forward facing Sana.

Sana's eyes averts to her and glares. "That's non of your business, punk." And then looks back at me with slightly calm expression. "Y/N/N, let's go please?"

"I will if you let me go!" She finally lets me go and I automatically hold my wrist and caress it, feeling sensitive as I touch it. "What's got into you, Sana?" I say loudly while glaring at her.

She opens her mouth as if she wanted to say something, but nothing came out as she close it back. "Are you alright?" I heard Mina speaks and quickly takes my wrist gently.

"I'm okay now." I said as I feel her thumb caresses my wrist. I heard Sana scoffs before walking away, quickly leaving us behind. I sigh as I watch her leaving the room before glancing at Mina and sigh again. "I'm sorry about her behaviour. I don't even know what's got into her." I say, starring at her in an apologetic way.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." Mina responds and slowly held my hand, causing me to blush at her gesture. "We only have a few minutes before our next class will start. We better hurry." I nod as we leave the class room, heading towards our next class.

My cheeks heat up when I notice the students watching us together walking while our hands are intertwine. I can hear some of them talking quietly while starring at us. Honestly, I don't understand why they keep watching us at this point, isn't it normal to hold hands with a friend? Well, I consider Mina as a friend since yesterday, so I guess it's normal, right?

Anyway, I duck my head down, not wanting to see them judging us as I slightly squeeze Mina's hand when I feel myself getting anxious, and to her respond, she holds my hand a little tighter than before. I don't want to be the center of attention to them, and I think she understoods my point as she slightly walks faster, pulling me gently with her as I follow her pace.