Chapter 2: Happy Together

Start from the beginning

Josie turned herself around snuggling close to Hope. Her arm draped over Hopes stomach as her head rest on her chest. Hope looked up at the cloudy night sky. 

"I love you Josie" Hope whispered trying not to wake her up.

"I love you too" Josie whispered back. The words were an arrow that shot through Hopes heart as it stopped for a moment her cheeks began to heat up. It was hopes favorite feeling in the world. How 3 simple words could make her body go haywire and leave a smile on Hopes face.

As she made the decision to no longer dwell on the past, a resolute determination filled her. Aware of the risks of defying Hope, she knew the consequences could be severe. The silent oath she made hinted at the depths of her commitment. Yet it didn't seem right, and Hope's gut could sense it. 

Why would Penelope just show up. She had an out, she was free. Why make herself know. Unless that's what she wanted. To stir Hope up. 

Josie was right. Nothing good could come about focusing on Penelope. With a firm resolve, she determined to shift her focus away from the past. At least for tonight she would put everything out of her mind. 

But as her eyes began to close a small chime from her phone rang. Hope twisted her body slowly as to not wake Josie up. She grabbed her phone, hovering her hand over her wife's eyes so the light wouldn't irritate her. 

Jed: New Message

Jed: New Message

Jed: New Message

"Who is it?" Josie mumbled her voice soft, almost in a whisper. 

"Just Jed"

"Ugh what does he want?" Josie buried her face in the crook of hopes neck.

"Just work stuff" hope answered, giggling from the vibration of Josies lips. 

Josie moved away, getting on top of hope and looking right at her. Her blue eyes somehow shining brightly in the dark. 

"You tell Jed you're on vacation now. No work" the young mother pouted. 

"No work, my love" Hope caught Josies lips onto hers, before throwing the phone back onto the night stand. "starting today it will be just us."

"Good because I don't want to be a bitter, jealous person" Josie pulled away.

"Okay, calm down lizzie." Hope laughed.

Josie sat on Hope stomach, crossing her arms. 

Work.

Thats all Hope ever did. 

Even when she had time with her family, as soon as they were put to bed, lights were shut off, hope snuck to her home office and continued to work. Josie hated it more than anything. 

So when she finally convinced her wife to take a vacation for the first time since her oldest was born, Josie was over the moon. Hope didn't mind taking a day or two off, but they had the whole summer to not work, and finally be a family. 

"Hope i'm serious. Don't make me break your arms so you don't have to work anymore." Josie said.

"Break my arms" Hope laughed. "Thats not every Holy of you. What would Jesus think." she said, teasing her innocent, adorable wife. "You're such a good girl, baby."

"Oh love, I'm pretty sure Jesus would hold my purse while I kick your ass" Josie laughed pinching hopes cheeks together. Bending down just a bit, she hovered her lips just slight above Hopes before slowly connecting them.