THE DAY THEY FELL

THE DAY THEY FELL

"He's barely conscious!"

'At a time in the world where things were feeling less and less certain, there was one thing you could always count on... The Heroics. Our planet's team of superheroes. And our heroes... never failed.'

Miracle Guy was flying high in the sky. Waiting for any danger to pop up. His suit was blue, and he had a gold neon colored emblem on his chest, which had the letter 'H'. His cape was was silver, and looked like silk in the air.

"Sorry I'm late," Tech-No flew to Miracle Guy, with a jet-pack on his back. "I had to put the ISR synthetic aperture together." He said as he handed Miracle Guy the gadget he was talking about.
"Let's just hope it's more than just a downed satellite..." Miracle Guy put the gadget in his pocket. "So the whole team can spring into action." Tech-No scoffs. "Let's not." He takes out his inhaler and takes a puff of air. "Be careful with that thing." Tech-No advices. "When am I not careful?" Miracle Guy asks, and then flies off into space. Luckily, he's able to breathe in space.
"All the time."

•••••

Miracle Guy reaches the satellite. Only to see it destroyed, and in pieces.
"Hey, Tech-No." He calls. His voice echoes until his partner can hear his voice.
"What's up?" He answers. "The solar array, it's blown to bits." Miracle Guy explains. "Seriously?" Tech-No answers in the comms.
Miracle Guy ascends above the floating debris, and notices something. "There's something coming, a spaceship of some kind. It just blasted some kind of energy ray at me. Do these clowns not know who I am?" Miracle Guy asks himself. Preparing himself for a fight with whatever is coming.

"I don't mean to be a nudge, but any idea how long this'll take? I'm running on fumes." Tech-No says. His fume meter slowly becoming empty.
Miracle Guy takes out his camera stick. He always likes to update his social media profile. "Just a quick selfie for my socials while I stop this thing..." He flexes his arm. Suddenly, a blur of purple passes by, and some weird purple figures begin to fly from the purple ship.
"Wait a minute. There's not one ship..." Miracle Guy looks closer to see thousands of ships. All of which are purple, and have some kind of metal tentacles attached to them. "There's a whole armada out there." He says to Tech-No.

"Funny, if I didn't know better, I'd say you sound a little worried." Tech-No says. His fume meter going to the red zone. He was soon going to fall from the sky. "Miracle Guy?" He calls. Suddenly, a loud boom was heard, and Miracle Guy was falling, and he wasn't slowing down.
"H-Base! Come in, this is Tech-No! Miracle Guy's been hit!" He raises his voice as he talks to the Heroics base. "Hit with what?" H-Base asks. Tech-No accelerates his jet-pack, and prepares to catch Miracle Guy.

"He's barely conscious!" Tech-No remarks. His fume meter hit zero, and his jet-pack stopped working. "Miracle Guy is barely conscious?" H-Base asks. "Have a catcher ready!" He notices his jet-pack is dead. "I'm out!"

'This was the day our heroes fell. All of them. But from that... others would rise.