Just the two of us

Start from the beginning

He pursed his lips together and reached his hands out to my sides, placing his fingers gently on my hips and pulling me closer. He stood close enough that when I looked up to him, I could see certain greying facial scruff on his chin, the small freckles hidden along his skin and the gloss his lips he seemed to always have, due to his constant habit to bite and lick them.

"Well... given how yesterday afternoon went, I'd say we 'dodged a bullet'."

I raised my brows and waited for him to explain further.

"After you left, Ewan and I discussed some things regarding the trip... He hadn't brought up anything from earlier, so I'd say it's safe to assume we're fine..."

I gave a relieved smile and put my hands on his chest, adjusting his tie between my fingers as I spoke.

"Good." I stood up a bit more and gave him a soft kiss, his lips warm and addictive. He followed along with my actions and lengthened it, leaning forward and inching his hands up higher on my sides. His fingers leaving a trail of warmth wherever they touched.

He took a deep breath in through his nose and used the new position of his hands to push me away, just enough so he could break the kiss.

"But... that doesn't mean we just ignore it. We have to be more cautious now, especially when seen around each other. Ewan's a good friend of mine here, but that doesn't mean he would have my back if he knew..."

Mr. Gardner's eyes scanned mine like he knew as I stood in front of him, that we were taking an even bigger risk. We hadn't been caught, but close to it. It made me begin to think too... What did being more cautious mean? Was I no longer allowed to stay after classes? or visit him at lunch? What about after hours?

Mid thought, I was caught off guard when a soft kiss came to the tip of my nose, Mr. Gardner had been quick with his movements and followed along with a kiss on the cheek. I didn't even have time to process what had happened before he was turning away, back to his desk.

I pulled down the sleeve of my shirt over my hand and wiped off the tip of my nose, then looked up just in time to see him darting his eyes down from me to his work; an adorable smirk on his face.

"What was that for?"

He chuckled at me and sat down in his chair, releasing a relaxed breath and pulling himself forward to his work.

"For being cute."

A blush came to my face right after; his words never failing to affect me. Even though his eyes were on his computer screen, the smirk he had on made it obvious he knew how I'd react.

I pressed my lips together trying not to give him the satisfaction of a smile. He couldn't get me that easy... or so I wanted him to believe.

He sat typing again as I watched him get back into the mindset of work. I didn't wanna leave quite yet, so I sat at the nearest desk to his and looked at the blank board; he'd erased everything off its surface, leaving it completely bare. Besides the faint markings of words where he must've pressed harder at times. It was odd to see it bare, as it was usually crammed with many words regarding upcoming assignments and past lectures.

I looked around the room to see if anything else would catch my attention, but nothing did. So instead of sitting around waiting for first class, I got up from my seat and walked up to the board. I planned to doodle something on the board, but when I looked down to where the board eraser sat, I saw that there were no markers along with it. I lifted it off the ledge as if they'd miraculously be hidden underneath, then darted my eyes around the room. They were nowhere to be seen.