06

"How are you, Andrea?" Anne Cox, a beautiful woman who I admire and look up to as a role model, presses a kiss to my cheek right after I greet her at the front door of the Adams' residency. She's wearing a beautiful long sleeved dress that reached down to just above her knees and hugged her body tight. Her makeup looks like it took hours to do, just because it was so perfectly done. Her hair is let loose and her heels are just the right size; neither too tall nor too short.

"I'm great Anne. You look absolutely stunning. Just as beautiful as ever," I tell her, smiling widely. Harry's at her side, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. He looks so casually dressed at her side. He's wearing a jumper and his usual jeans.

"Thank you, Drea. You don't look too bad yourself," she laughs. She wasn't right, but she wasn't exactly wrong either. Like Harry, I'd been casually dressed as well. Jeans and a t-shirt. Harry and I hadn't planned on having dinner so this was a last minute thing from our mothers.

Personally, I think Gerard Way's face looks fantastic on my body.

On my shirt, I mean. Not in a weird way.

"Are we just gonna stand here, or are we actually gonna eat?" Anne laughs at my mother (who was previously standing behind me) as she ushers her to the table where mum organized fried chicken and veggies. In the middle, where we'd usually have something really big and fancy, we have different flavored ice cream. From cookie dough to vanilla.

God bless that woman.

"I'm totally gonna be that type of parent," Harry whispers, making sure mum was out of earshot.

You shouldn't be, I think to myself.

I remember a time when mum would scold me for eating too much sweets and worrying when I'd get a bad tummy ache. Instead, that woman was replaced by a weird teenage girl with a sweet tooth.

But still, God bless her.

Our mothers sit across from each other and as did Harry and I. We're waiting for them to settle down so that we could start eating. Their giggling is cut short when mum's smile disappears and looks at Anne with pitiful eyes. "I'm so sorry, Anne."

Anne has to look down, but it's evident that she's hurt. The reason for this dinner arrangement was because Anne called late last night crying her eyes out because her ex husband Des had come back and she was heartbroken. Naturally her best friend (my mother, Daphne) did all in her hands to make Anne feel better about herself and suggested that they cried together about all the problems that men cause whilst eating ice cream and listening to depressing love songs.

A pretty good idea, if you ask me.

Harry snorts and looks at my mum with a smile, "Don't worry Daphne. Mum's just going through a phase." Anne glares at her son, causing Harry to mouth 'I love you' to her. That makes her smile again and she nods at my mum, confirming that what Harry had said was true.

"To living the single life!" Mum raises her cup, the one that was suppose to have wine but is filled with grape juice instead, and gulps it all down at once.

"Amen," Harry and I clink our glasses together, smiling playfully towards each other.

I can hear dad upstairs where mum locked him up because apparently husbands weren't allowed. He's banging on the floor and laughing loudly, "I'm literally right here! I can hear you! Stop telling people you're single, God damn it!"

"I'm only married with you because Zac Efron is apparently too young for me!" Mum's laughter fills the air and I have to keep my eyes on Anne. She isn't receiving the attention she needs but she seems to be enjoying my parent's strange display of affection as her hand covers her mouth and her face becomes red from trying to hold in her own laughter.