Chapter 5 : The egg

Start from the beginning

" The slave marks are embedded in your magic , removing them will feel like removing a parasite stuck on your skin . We have to cut away the chunk of magic it is stuck on , so that not even a bit of it remains within . And at that time your magic will start slipping away , it will bleed . Doing it with such a condition will kill you . " ; Voice still calm , Luar said .

Giving up , he asked ," Is there no other way ? Anyway to do it faster ?"

Understanding Draco's thinking , Luar said ," Recovery and treatment cannot hurry , Draco . It is a process . Doing it faster or with an alternative will only mess it up. What you can do is to find the cure as well as train yourself to be stronger . So when the time comes you can be ready and not lacking."

Draco gave a resigned sigh and remained quiet . Was fate playing with him ? First giving him a disaster and then a fortune but not letting him do anything . It was ridiculous . Utterly ridiculous , How his whole life has come to be .

But it felt nice to have someone worry about him and give him advice . It felt nice to be cared for . Thinking this , he fell asleep , thanking and resenting fate .

                           __________

Harry woke up to a hand shaking him roughly . Opening his eyes , he gave the offender a harsh glare but still sat up .

" Mate , get up . It's almost breakfast ." ; Seeing he was up , Ron informed but shut up as soon as he met with Harry's glare .

Bathing and getting ready , Harry made his way to the great hall with Ron and Hermione in tow .

Sitting at the Gryffindor table , He started having his food with frowned brows and a tight jaw .

From the lack of acknowledgment , Ron as well as Hermione's silence and the look in Harry's eyes , people understood that it was better to stay away from him today .

Roaming his eyes over the hall , Harry's eyes rested on Draco who was silently eating his food with bags beneath his eyes , looking a bit less perfect and bit more human .

Harry's thoughts drifted towards all the possible thoughts why . Had Malfoy not slept enough ? Did he have insomnia like Harry ? Nightmares maybe ? And then thinking about the possibility of Draco not trying to sleep at all and doing something else , like plotting schemes and possible murders or maybe a pleasant night with a lover , had Harry's eyes visibly darkening . But a big part of him was bothered about Draco being with another person , with a lover having a moonlit tryst . ' So he was up to something last night ? What a fool I was to think that Malfoy was anything different than a shrew .' , he thought as a grim smile stretched across his face .

At this point , Harry had terrified the whole gryffindor table and some students in his proximity even had cold sweat dripping down their back . Sitting beside him , Ron had a HD+ and ultra definition view of the horror scene . It was a miracle he did not start crying like Neville four seats ahead .

The gryffindor table was oddly silent today and this did not escape Draco as he racked his eyes around them . Catching Harry's eyes , Draco almost jerked back from fright but caught himself and forcibly retracted his gaze . But this did not stop Harry from staring at him . And Draco felt a heavy gloom surround him , finding the reason for the silence at the other side . Hasty but mannered , Draco finished his breakfast and fled to the first class . Seeing Draco finish , Blaise and pansy rushed to follow him . Now-a-days, he had learnt not to try and decipher the saviour's glares towards him . They can cause extreme fright , nightmares and if in a bad shape , even fainting is possible .

The day went as always even with the helpful inputs from Luar every now and then . Draco had been somewhat absent these days , thinking about the information he read , his condition and the dark mark . This did not go unnoticed by Blaise and Pansy , who silently approached him in the potions classroom .