Yari laid on her bed staring at the ceiling while Jasiah laid on top of her.

"Bae."

"Hmm?" Yari asked still looking up at the ceiling.

"What's on yo mind?" He asked walking over to her dresser and looking into the mirror.

Yari waited a minute before responding. "Death." She lowly responded.

Masiah shot his head towards her direction and scrunched his face up. "Girl what?" He asked.

She moved Jasiah from off of her and gently laid him down before sitting up and staring at Masiah.

"Are you afraid of death?" She asked him. He looked at her weirdly before going to sit down next to her on the bed.

"I never thought about death for real, I just live to live." He answered. She nodded her head laying on his shoulder.

"You afraid of death?" He asked her.

"No." She softly said.

"Why not?"

"I don't know how to explain it the way I see it but I know ima die one day, there's no need for me to be afraid." Siyari answered.

There's more to it in her eyes but she didn't want to really open up, at least not now.

Masiah nodded his head. "Why you ask that?" He asked her.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "It was just something I was wondering."

She lifted her head from off his shoulder and stood up. "Where you going?" He asked her.

"To my spot." She answered putting her shoes back on and walking over to her nightstand. She grabbed her weed and lighter and stuffed it into her pocket.

"You want me to come with you?" Masiah asked getting up from the bed and walking behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his chin on the top of her head.

"No, i'm good." She answered.

"You sure?" He asked. She nodded her head.

"Mhm hm."

"You positive?" He asked making her chuckle.

"Yes bae." She said.

"Ight.. call me if you need anything." He said.

"Okay."

-

Siyaei had sat down on the rock and began rolling her blunt. Before she made it to her spot she stopped to the gas station to get a backwood and some food.

Yari looked off into the river as she slowly rolled her blunt.

All she could think about was what she had just found out, and that one question continued to cross her mind.

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 ?

After Yari got done rolling her blunt, she lit it and took a pull from it. She removed the blunt from
her lips and released the smoke.