🚲 THIRTY-SEVEN 🚲

Start from the beginning

I could see her frown even with the corner of my eye.

"That's no reason to run, honey."

"I can't let him love me." - I sobbed.

"Why?"

"Because he's going to hurt me after saying it, just like Austin used to do." - I buried my face on my hands.

"Oh, Harry." - She took some distance and looked down at me. - "Do you really think that?"

"I... don't know."

"Can I tell you something?" - She asked and I nodded. - "I have a feeling that Louis isn't going to hurt you, because he showed you he loves you, not only by saying it, but also with all the times he was there for you, yeah? And everything he sacrificed too. The poor boy went to jail and didn't even complain about it."

"Maybe."

"No, Harry. There is no maybe. I know I can't tell you how to feel or what to do. And of course, you can stay here as long as you want to. But don't hide from Louis. Is he your boyfriend now?" - She asked me, and I nodded. - "Well, he is surely worried, you heard it there. He dedicated his entire show to you. And let me say that they were all songs about love."

I laughed loudly.

"Yeah, you're right. The first one he played; he wrote that for me." - I think I blushed under the tears.

"Well. Do you have any more doubts? Dear, if the thing that bothers you is him saying I love you to you, you can ask him not to. You can tell him why that makes you uncomfortable and I'm sure he'll understand. But that doesn't mean he will stop loving you anytime soon. He's going to show it with his actions anyways."

"Yeah..."

"Well, let me prepare some tea for both of us."

My mom stood up from the couch and headed to the kitchen, leaving me alone.
I heard she mumbled something from the distance, but I couldn't decipher exactly what.

"Did you say something, mom?" - I asked when she returned.

"Oh no. I was just talking to myself." - She chuckled, leaving the mugs of tea in front of us on the coffee table.

"Okay." - I shrugged.

We took a few sips of our mugs, before she started talking again.

"Tell me more about Louis." - She said. - "Apart from the fact that he wrote you a very beautiful song."

"He is like... really considerate, he always asks me if I'm comfortable about things, he worries too much, though. He lets me go with him everywhere, I saw his rehearsal yesterday, I met his band mates, he introduced me to his friends and most of his crew. I think they like me too."

"Of course they like you, you're like the kindest human being on earth."

I snorted.

"No, I'm not."

"Whatever, tell me more."

"I don't know... I've been sleeping in his room, on the mansion he's renting, but he told me he wants to buy a house to settle here for a while. I think I like the idea of him staying definitely in L.A., but I know it'll be hard when he starts touring again. Because I'm going to stay here for months on my own."

"And can't you go with him? I mean I'm sure you would love it."

"He didn't offer." - I shrugged. - "So, I think maybe I'm a burden. It's okay, I can stay here while he travels around the world."

"Oh baby, you're not a burden." - I heard a voice I knew too well coming from behind me.

I turned around in my seat to see Louis standing there, in the arch of the living room.

"I'd love you to come on tour with me next year." - He finished.

"What are you doing here? How did you...? Wait! You should be there!" - I pointed at the TV and Louis laughed.

"Yeah, I left." - He shrugged. - "You're more important."

"C'mon, Louis." - My mother said. - "Sit with us."

"Sure." - He said while he walked towards us and sat on one of the individual armchairs.

"Harry, is there anything you want to say to Louis?" - My mom said and I sighed.

"I'm not five, mom." - I said and heard Louis giggling.

"Okay, I'm going to prepare Louis a cup of tea."

"No sugar please."

"Alright." - My mom winked at him and headed to the kitchen.

"Did you really leave the event to come here?" - I asked.

"Yes."

"I'm the worst boyfriend ever." - I sighed, covering my face.

"No, you're not." - He said and I felt how he got closer and sat next to me, resting a hand on my back.

"Yes, I am. And I'm sorry, Lou. I don't know what happened to me."

"Look." - He said and took my hand, caressing over my knuckles. - "I understand that you have been through a lot, and maybe I rushed things and made you feel like I was forcing you into something. Which I'm not." - He added quickly. - "And I don't know what to do for you to feel safe around me. Yesterday when you got scared of me, when I only was going to touch your cheeks, made me realize that maybe we need to go slower. And it's okay, I can wait for you. But we need to speak about these things."

"No, Lou. I'm fine. I'm really fine."

"I don't think that's true, baby." - He smiled sadly. - "Otherwise, you wouldn't have run away today."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"I didn't answer your calls."

"I know." - He chuckled.

"I feel bad. I don't... deserve you."

"Hey." - He whispered, resting his forehead against mine. - "Don't ever say that again. You deserve everything. You're so worthy of being in a healthy, loving relationship. Therefore, you're worthy and deserving of this. Of us." 

"What if I'm not enough?"

"You are."

I closed my eyes, sighing.

"I... I want to kiss you." 

"You can kiss me if you want to." - He said, softly pecking my nose.

I sighed in relief, leaning in and hooking my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me.
I kissed him and he kissed me back.

Louis separated from me, giving me one last peck on the lips as my mom returned to the living room.
But his hand never left mine.