I hate surprises! !

I walk into the school doors to find the halls filled with students of different shapes and sizes, struggling to get to either the class rooms, lockers or the bath room. Or they would just be sitting around reading or talking to their friends.

I head over to my locker near the water fountain. I love being near it, just in case I need a drink, and because a lot of cute guys come and go to have a drink.

I open my locker, number 18, I never forget that, because that's my birth date. July 18th 1997. I put all my books and such in my locker, and then I try and dig around in it to try a find either a mint or some gum, since I forgot to brush my teeth, I was in such a rush this morning since it was the first day of school.

I finally found a mint then let out a sigh of relief, as I popped it into my mouth my locker door slammed shut, leaving a loud banging sound echoing through the halls. I jumped at the sound and almost tripped as I did. MY wide eyes locked onto the person who was the reason why I was scared. There

stood my best friend, Kylie, who was standing next to my locker with a big grin on her face and big eyes just like mine.

"Kylie! What the hell did you do that for!?" I asked, choking on my mint.

The grin didn't leave Kylie's face. "Oh sorry, I was just too exited to see you, I wasn't thinking" She said, still beaming. "Well, don't do that again, I almost choked on my mint!" I complained, while I straightend up to pick up my bag that I have dropped while being attacked." It's the first day of school and your already complaining,and you don't even say hi to your best friend. " Kylie said looking innocent. "Well, I would've but I was to busy being attacked by the piercing sound of my slamming locker!" I said letting out a little laugh."Well, enough about mint choking and locker slamming...."Kylie waved her hands in the air in dismiss." I have a surprise I want to tell you, it's huge!"

I look at her and frowned." Kylie, you know I hate surprises, I have ever since my 7th birthday, remember?" I ducked my head when I said the last word so no one would here me. "Oh yeah, I remember." She started to giggle. I shot her a cold glare and she stopped immediately. "Sorry."

I started to walk down the hall when Kylie grabbed my hand and pulled so I would face her,"Wait, where are you going? I didn't tell you the surprise yet"

I stared at her annoyed,"Just tell me already! I hate it when you do this!" I said grasping my hand away from hers and waiting for her answer," Do what?" She asked confused. She looks funny when she's confused, but just didn't say anything.

"You know, when you re dying to tell me something but then distracted and then I have to wait for ages for you to come back down to earth for you to tell me." I laughed at her confused face. I saw that she wasn't saying anything, and then I realised that she wasn't paying attention, so i snapped my fingers in her face to make her wince backwards. As she did i started waving my hand around her face trying to wake her up." Helloooooo?! Earth to Kylie? Can you please come back down here to a place called earth!!?" I laughed at her expression. "Sorry, I sort of just....zone out, if you haven't noticed." She started laughing for no reason,I stared at her amused," See what I mean?!" I yelled, starting to turn the second time, before Kylie pulled me back to her, facing her again." Wait wait wait, Jane, I'm sorry,I will tell you the news,"She said starting to smile again, I waited for her say answer,"Guess what Hot, Cute and talented boy band is coming to OUR fundraiser to help earn money for charity !!!"She started to smile wide and also started to jump a bit, I stared at her in amusement as I didn't say anything because I know I was wasting my time.

She realised that I wasn't saying anything and yelled out, hurting my ears," ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!" She gave an eeeeeep sound as she started to jump higher and and grabbing my hands telling me to join, but I just stayed still, not saying anything staring at her with both annoyance and amusement.

She realised this and started to slow down, her smile fading a bit, she still held my hands staring into my eyes,"Why aren't you happy dancing?" She looked at me with questioning eyes," Well, I kind of......like.....not.....exactly......like......1D,"She froze,staring into my eyes, dropping her hands from mine, she was staring at me like I was insane, I was waiting for her to scream at me, give everything she's got, but instead, she just stood there, frozen like time had stopped, I looked around to see everyone else still moving, so i know now that Kylie is just frozen in her own time,as I waited for the yelling, Kylie finally spoke, but she didn't yell, by my surprise she was quite chilled,"What do you mean you don't like them?" She looked confused.

She started to laugh, I was very confused,"ohhhhhh Jane, how you make me laugh with your silly jokes, hahaha,"She was laughing hard now,"Ummmmmm.......Kylie, I'm not joking actually,"I watched as she stopped laughing, she looked at me with her pretty hazel eyes,"What? But, why? What's wrong with them?," She asked in a sad tone,"weeeeelllll, their just not..........you know........." I tried searching for what to say, but I couldn't find an answer," Are you saying, you think their.......horrible? ???!!" She started to get a bit louder now, so i had to stop her just before she blew,"Wow, hold on Kylie, I can see that your getting a bit upset, I think we should talk about this later, we have to get to class, it's starting in fifteen minutes, " before she could say anything I grabbed her arm and pulled her with to our class.

What do you guys think? This is my very first book so please if there are any mistakes please comment, and please vote so i will know you guys really want to know what's gonna happen next, thanx!!!!! Luv ya!!!!