Dream Catcher

Codys P.O.V

Holy shit come on. Its July 27th past Shaylas due date. I just want my little girl now. Well at least that's what the doctors said it was....there was no visible penis in the ultra sound. I chuckled at my own thought. "What's so funny babe?" Shayla asked. She had been very stressed lately but also excited. "Nothing much" I responded smiling. She rolled her eyes. Ashley and Cambia were listening to "Stay with me" by Sam Smith. Austin and Alecks were having sex. Danny and Kelsey were in the kitchen with Marshall being fat. Zach was asleep considering he's been coming home late. He's been hanging with that chick Hannah. Maxx was also asleep. "I wanna pickle" Shayla said getting up. She took three steps then paused and started to breathe heavily. "What's wrong?" I asked getting a little paniced. "Holy shit....its coming!" She yelled. I jumped up and grabbed her. "Marshall! Start the car!" Marshall ran out and Cambia got up and helped me lead Shayla to the door. "What's happening?" Alecks asked as her and Austin walked out of Austins room half dressed. "Shaylas ready!" Ashley said excitedly. "Holy fuck!" Alecks smiled. Me and Cambia got Shayla in the car then jumped in with her. Alecks, Austin, Danny, and Kelsey got in Shaylas Ram and followed.

-
Marshalls P.O.V.

Me and the group, minus Maxx and Zach who were probably at the house clueless, waited anxiously in the waiting room. Cody was in the back with Shayla while she was giving birth. I unballed my fist and saw that they were glowing with sweat. I turned to Alecks who had her hands on her head and Austin who was rubbing her back. Alecks was so nervous...Shaylas her best friend. Kelsey looked sick. I knew she was nervous too...Shayla was her freaking cousin and I knew Cambia who was chewing gum and watching TV was also pretty nervous considering Cody was her brother. Ashley was texting someone...probably Maxx and Danny was asleep. Suddenly the door opened and a white woman with dirty blonde hair and a tall slim black man walked in. They had to be Shaylas parents because the man looked just like her. "Hi' the woman began a little nervously. "We're Shaylas parents." They looked over at Kelsey and took a seat by her and Danny. I smiled at her dad but he turned away. Guess he wasn't a nice guy. The door opened again and Zach and Maxx came in out of breath. "Is she okay?" Zach asked. We all shrugged our shoulders. They took a seat and we continued to wait. Cambia began to tap her foot and i could tell she was getting antsy. I turned and saw Shaylas dad talking to Danny. Hmmmm wonder why. We waited a couple minutes and Codys mom walked in. "Mom!" Cambia said jumping up and hugging her. "I'm so nervous" I heard her whisper. Suddenly Cody walked in breathing heavily with red eyes. I looked around the room and everyone looked at him in fear. A tear rolled down his cheek and then he smiled the biggest grin i have every seen. "Its a girl!" He said with a little chuckle. I smiled put at ease that Shayla was okay....wait was she? "Is Shayla okay?" I asked. He nodded at me as Cambia and his mom pulled him into a tight hug and cried on his shoulder. A tear fell down my cheek....I was so happy for him. I turned to Shaylas parents who were hugging Kelsey. Kelsey and Shaylas mom were crying and Shaylas dad was smiling. Danny smiled as well. Ashley and Maxx hugged each other and smiled. Zach sat in the corner and nodded his head happily. Alecks cried on Austins shoulder. "Okay um...Cambia, mom, Kelsey, and you guys" he said pointing to Shaylas parents. "Come on back."

-
Kelseys P.O.V

I walked into the room and Shayla was laying there covered in sweat. She smiled as I walked in. "Hey my fave C!" She said softly. "Hey" I said as I hugged her. I was so happy for my little cousin. "Can I talk to her in private?" Shayla asked and everyone took a step out of the room. "I love you" she said to me and I kissed her forehead. "I love you too" I said and a tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm so proud of you" I continued stroking her hair. "I remember when we were kids chasing fireflies and climbing trees together. When we lived together because my no good pill popping mom was fucking another stranger. When we danced around in are pajamas and had pillow fights." I saw her smile. "Remember when you fell off your bike and skinned your knee when you were ten?" She nodded "I held you close just like I am now...I hope that it will be like this forever" "it will" she said and wiped a tear from my face. "I love you fave C" I said. "I'll be back tomorrow to see the baby" she nodded as I walked out of the room.

-
Cambias P.O.V

I walked into the room. Shaylas mom ran up and hugged her. "Okay okay mom" Shayla complained. "You okay?" Her dad asked. "Yup" she answered. Her parents stood there awkwardly and I could tell they weren't very close. To end the awkwardness I walked up and hugged Shayla. "Hey girl you okay?" I asked. "Yeah....I just wanna see my baby" she complained. I chuckled. "Well just know I'm happy for you" I said and she smiled. I turned to Cody and hugged him. "My little brothers growing up so fast." He chuckled and kissed my cheek. I turned and looked at my mom who was sitting on the bed next to Shayla. I walked up and touched her shoulder. "I remember when I first met you." She began. "I always knew you'd be perfect for my son" Shayla smiled and her eyes watered up. "I wouldnt have wanted him to have this child with anyone else but you." A tear fell down Shaylas cheek and she pulled my mother into a tight hug. "You're always welcome....you're family" my mom whispered to her and Shayla sobbed. I turned to Shaylas parents who were boiling with jealousy.

-
Dannys P.O.V

I walked into the room with Marshall and Zach and the first one Shayla noticed was Marshall. She motioned for him to come over and he sat next to her. "I'm so happy for you" he said and she smiled. For a moment I felt a spark between them. Not like a relationship spark but a friendship spark...a strong friendship spark. "I'm sorry again" he whispered. "Marshall...its okay" she said and kissed his cheek. He smiled then got up. "Danny" she said and I walked over. "Yeah?" I said. "Come here you big teddy bear" she giggled and I hugged her. "Look at you" I said "all mother like and stuff" she laughed. "Yeah" she said softly then looked at Zach. "Tell hannah I said hi" she said he nodded. "Okay....and congratulations." He said and she smiled.

-
Alecks's P.O.V

I walked in then ran up to Shayla and pulled her into a tight hug. Ashley, Austin, and Maxx were standing in the corner congratulating Cody. "I'm so freaking happy for you bitch!" I said and pushed some hair out of her face. She smiled and I got serious. "Ya know..." I began playing with her fingers. "I'm glad I met you at that concert about five years ago....without you I'd be shit." Shayla smiled. "I'm glad I met you too....because without you I wouldn't have met Cody and wouldn't have Bethany" "Bethany" I said "That's beautiful" she smiled brightly. I was so proud of my best friend.

-
Shaylas P.O.V

I sat there with Cody. He Kissed my lips and I played with his hair. I love this man. The nurse walked in with Bethany and we ended the kiss. She placed Bethany in my arms and I held her close. She had straight shiny brown hair....a lot of hair. "Whoa" I said chuckling and Cody smiled. "She's beautiful" he said. "I know" I responded