Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you?" Peter trailed "...Not that I disagree with him." well that was a new one.

"I do! Why do we need this kid?" Cora snapped.

"This kid helped save your life." Derek pointed out forcing Cora to fall silent, "And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move."

"You can't beat a pack of Alphas."

"That's why we're going after Deucalion-- just him."

"Cut off the head of the snake, and the body dies."

"Only this isn't a snake, it's a Hydra. And, like Scott says, they're all Alphas," Peter reminded, he really didn't want us doing this. What was his thinking? He'd technically been an evil genius at one point.

"Deucalion's still the leader."

"Let's hope so... Because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the Hydra?" Nothing good.

"Two more grew back in its place."

"Somebody's been doing their summer reading." Peter mused. He was far too easily impressed with these things.

From the look on Scott's face I could tell he was going to do something on his own. He was trying to form his own plan on how to do this without anyone dying but this time I'd seen it. There was no possible way someone wasn't dying this time, we just had to make sure that it wasn't us. This wasn't going to end well.

The plan was in motion.

Both me and Derek were hid in the shadows of the mall as Scott and Isaac went to meet Deucalion. There had been a long and lengthy argument as to whether I should be there or not but I had to be. I couldn't let him do this without all the support he could get.

Deucalion was stood in the middle of the un-working escalator as both Scott and Isaac were stood at the bottom of it looking up at him. "You didn't come alone," he said and Scott was probably frowning.

"Yeah. This is Isaac."

"I'm not talking about Isaac," he said and Derek - with his full alpha face on show - stepped out. Pure anger was radiating from him, and I quickly followed after although I didn't have any wolf features showing. I wasn't about to make myself a threat unless I needed to be a threat.

"You knew I would do this?" Scott asked.

"No, but I did," I pointed out and he looked over to me horrified. I couldn't shoot him any look of apology because the truth was I wasn't sorry at all.

"Derek, don't! You can't do this so no one gets hurt. If someone else dies..."

"Him. Just him." Derek growled out pointing at him accusingly.

"Just me?" Deucalion asked, "Now, how's a blind man find his way into a place like this, all on his own?"

The sound of rock chipping echoed throughout the abandoned mall and we all turned to the side to see Kali sliding down it with her nails. That had to have hurt. Ennis then stepped out from under the stairs and out of the shadows, but they weren't the only ones to bring back-up as both Cora and Boyd stepped out their werewolf faces showing. Hearing footsteps, I looked up to see the twins on the top floor.

This was not going to end well.

It was Derek who made the first move. With a short roar he charged forward towards Deucalion, but Kali leapt into the way slashing her claws down. I wanted to watch but the twins had done a backflip from the top floor - an unnecessary dramatic flare my I add.