Chapter Eighteen

Mulai dari awal

"How did you do that?" Stiles breathed out and Derek turned to look at us a smirk on his face.

"I'm the Alpha." That was hot. Feeling my heart swoop in my chest and a heat rose to my cheeks, I pulled my jacket closer around my body finally stepping away. Looking back to Isaac, he slowly seemed to be going back to human pushing himself back up to his feet to escape the cowering mess he had become. Just like that all the anger which had vanished within the past twenty minutes had completely returned and stronger than it was before.

He'd done so many things wrong: he'd kept it a secret, he'd used a teenager's trauma to manipulate him into joining his pack, he'd been interrupting me all day, he'd flirted with that woman. I suppose I shouldn't be angry at him for flirting with the woman but it was too late. It had already invaded my mind.

Derek quickly grabbed onto Isaac hauling him away and he glanced over at me. A silent question to see if I was coming with. I couldn't. I could barely look at him without feeling the affects of the persistant rage. Shaking my head, I turned around looking at both Stiles and the unconscious man. How were we going to explain this?

Glancing back up, both Derek and Isaac had disappeared leaving us on our own. "So what do we do with him?" I asked glancing over at the fake deputy and Stiles stared at him not knowing himself.

Hearing the sound of footsteps running through the halls I looked up just as uncle Noah and a few deputies ran in. Opening my mouth to speak I found I couldn't, no excuse could make us look any less incriminating. Glancing at Stiles for help he had the same idea as me and we both pointed at the man.

"He did it."

Noah sighed looking down, "Stiles... Grace." Plastering an innocent smile on my face I offered a shrug not knowing what else to say. What else was there to say? We were stood in the same room as an unconscious deputy and a broken cell.

"Uncle Noah."

Trudging back into my room, I glanced around at the small mess which was scattered on the floor. I hadn't been staying here much - still the majority of the days - but it felt like ages since I'd last slept in my own bed.

Feeling a nausea returning, I pressed my hands against the door frame leaping through the doors as I tried to get to the bathroom. But the moment I fell down onto my knees it was like it had frozen. Just remaining in a constant state not wanting to move anywhere other than in the midst of my chest.

This wasn't supposed to be how my Tuesday was going. It wasn't supposed to be how any of my days were going. It wouldn't settle, but it wasn't making any sign of approaching any further. It was like the previous day where it would just bubble and keep bubbling but not enough to the point where you could have the knowledge of actually throwing up.

After a few moments of nothing except the disappointing ache, I pushed myself up glancing in the mirror. I was paler than usual. Ignoring it, I traipsed back into my own room collapsing into my chair in front of the desk. Switching all the pieces I tried to push them all back into their original positions.

"Hey, kiddo," Noah said walking into the room and I glanced up from the chess board in front of me as he took a seat opposite me, "you know, this guy you've been staying with..." he began and immediately a heat rose to the tip of my ears and I clutched tighter at the piece I was holding, "am I going to meet him any time soon?"

"Hm? Course." absolutely not. How could he ever meet Derek? In his eyes Derek would still be the potential murderer of a few months back, barely even that. In his eyes he would be the man who lived in a burnt down house and ran from the law. He was also a werewolf. I hadn't thought about any of this before. Feeling the nausea rising again, I swallowed down the lump in my throat placing the piece on to the board. "Soon, maybe. Maybe a little later. We're making sure it's serious before introducing our guardians... well... his family too," I added on.