July

***July 4,2020***

Checking your email after breakfast in your room, you find the most surprising news! "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!"
You bolt up from your seat and frantically look for Tom. "Oh my gosh Tom, you'll never guess what I just read on my email! Toooom!"

You run around until you find him sitting at his desk in his office. "Tom I...oh I'm sorry". You see that he is on a video call.

"It's alright y/n. Please come in. I am talking with my mum."

"Oh, I should just-" you start but hear a soft female voice voice "is that her Tom?"

"Yes mother, this is my personal assistant, y/n." Tom motions for you to come next to him. "Y/n, this is my mother Diana."

Meeting Tom's mom made your stomach twist and turn with nervousness. This is after all the woman who made the man sitting next to you, the man who consumes your every thought and emotion, and consumes you too.

"Hello Ms. Diana! I love your name, it's very regal."

"Thank you y/n. Now why were you so merrily calling out Thomas's name?"

"Oh, well your son is in the running for People Magazine's 'Sexiest Man Alive 2021'."

"Wow! Do you think he is dear?"

You smile and nervously ask, "I'm sorry, excuse me?"

"Do you think my son is the sexiest man alive?"

You laugh nervously, "um well...I definitely think he is."

She smiles gracefully, "well then, if this young lady thinks you're 'the sexiest man alive' I think you might win Thomas."

"Eheheh it's not a recognition that matters, coming from the magazine speaking, but I am glad y/n thinks so."

She directs herself over to you once more, "so dear, how have you taken care of my son during this hard time?"

"Well, I have given him special blends of tea to boost his immunity, as well as other supplements to do the same. I make sure he doesn't go out almost at all, I make sure everything is delivered to him, and I disinfect it when it does get here. Not to mention, he runs almost daily, if not he excerises here at home."

"Thomas, this young woman is taking great care of you", Diana smiles to you, "thank you dear for taking care of my only son. You must care a lot about him to take care of him as you have been?"

You glance to look at Tom, then back at his mom on the screen, "immensely and immeasurably ma'am. I'll excuse myself so that I may let Tom resume his conversation with you. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you Ms. Diana!"

"It was nice to meet you too y/n."

You leave Tom's office to give him privacy to talk to his mom.

You head back to your room and get all decked out in your patriotic clothes for fourth of July. You decide to wear a tight red pencil skirt, American flag print halter top, and blue pumps heels. As you're about to put on your shoes, Tom walks into your room and gets on one knee in front of you.
"May I help you with that?"

You smile, "thank you Tom".
Tom puts on your heels and straps them on for you. Then he stands you up and gives you a turn, "wow you look stunning, and very patriotic darling!".

"Well we are going to have a small 4th of July celebration you and I. I hear that there's going to fireworks by the mountains near here, and they'll be visible from your backyard."

Tom laughs, "darling I'm English, I don't think it's all appropriate for me to celebrate American Independence Day."

You scoff, "nonsense. We are just having some hot dogs and enjoy the firework show." You wrap your arms around his neck and give him a flirtatious look, "then later you can colonize me colonizer!" You wink at the end.