You were simply hammering down on a blazing hot blade; it was a project you had been commissioned on for someone. As you did, a police officer walked over to your shop, entering. You hadn't realized someone walked in until they were slamming down on that stupid bell that you had placed at the front of the store to warn you. 

You huffed, "Alright! I'm coming!" You put your hammer down, finishing up on the sword before letting it rest in a bucket of cool water. As you walked out, you wiped some sweat off of your forehead with the back of your hand, your grey tank top exposing your muscular arms. When you came to the front to help the possible customer, you probably shit yourself. 

The woman smirked, "Did ya miss me, (N/N)?~" Toph purred, trying to hold back her smile. You stood there for a second to process what was going on before your eyes widened and you rushed over, giving her a hug. You screamed a little, "Toph!!" She hugged back, laughing softly. 

When the two of you pulled away, you looked back at her. "How've you been? Where's the others? I tried looking everywhere for you guys after the war but I couldn't find you at all!" Toph sighed softly, rubbing the back of her neck. "We tried too, but we heard that you had just woken up in the infirmary about a month after we had left." You bit the inside of your cheek. Okay?

Nonetheless, you shook your head, smiling again. "So what can I do for you? I didn't think Miss Macho Beifong would need any smithing done but I could always be wrong." Toph rolled her eyes before huffing. "I don't. I came here to give you an invitation to a party. You know Republic City is going to officially open soon, right?" You nodded, "Yeah, it's all in the papers.."

Toph smiled proudly, "Guess who's gonna be smashing criminal butt?" You smiled, "As if I already couldn't tell. Congratulations." Toph smiled, but you thought for a second. Your tone shifted, and you suddenly felt a little glum. You glanced up at Toph from the counter. "Is...Suki still around?" Toph sighed softly through her nose, but put a hand on your shoulder. 

"Don't worry, (Y/N), she's perfectly fine. She's missed you the most." You nodded, smiling with reassurance. Toph smiled more, "And she's gonna be at the party, so dress up. She doesn't know you're here." Your smile lit up, and immediately you squealed a little bit. You hugged Toph again, feeling her pat your back. "Alright, enough hugging. It's gross." You laughed, ecstatic that your old friend was back again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You fidgeted eagerly with your fingers, momentarily adjusting the metal bracelet that laid on your bicep, making sure it was straight. You had dressed in formal attire, but it was casual enough to be you and wear at a party. You stood waiting in the crowd, trying to breathe effectively to help calm your nerves. After all these years, you still loved Suki. 

Eventually, the time came to when you saw Aang, Sokka, Katara, Lord Zuko, and Toph. The woman standing next to Lord Zuko, however, captivated you once again. She had grown to become such a beautiful young woman. Suki was in her Kyoshi Warrior uniform, but she still looked so beautiful. She was smiling warmly as the ribbon to the city was cut, that same stupid smile. Your eyes teared up a little as you watched her, feeling all of the years flood back. God, you really are head over heels for her. You didn't even realize you were getting pushed by rushing bystanders as they entered the new city. You snapped out of it, trying to find Suki and your old friends.  

You looked  around, suddenly feeling like you had ten years ago. You felt as though you couldn't see anyone anymore...until you felt someone grab your bicep. You yelped, being tugged along by them. When they finally stopped, you closed your eyes, shaking your head to recuperate your thoughts. Right as you did, though, you heard familiar voices screaming your name with excitement. 

"(Y/N)??!" You heard Sokka scream in excitement, rushing over to you, giving you a tight hug. The others followed in pursuit, and you couldn't help but get a bit choked up. "It's been awhile, huh?" You teased, looking at everyone. Once again, Suki wasn't there. "Where's Suki?" You asked, eager to see her. You were practically bouncing up and down on the balls of your feet. Toph gently elbowed you to stop, finding it annoying. "Zuko, she's your personal bodyguard. You take her. She's been gushing about it all week." Toph groaned, and you furrowed your brows. "I have not!" She smiled, pushing you to go with Zuko. "Go. Have fun." She smiled, going back to talking with the others. 

Zuko led you to Suki, pulling you along. The two of you made small conversation before reaching her, when he finally called out your name. You began to hide behind Zuko, feeling rather shy, like a child. Suddenly, you heard her voice. Her sweet, clear voice. 

"Who's that behind you?" She asked, her brows furrowed. Zuko revealed you and you stood tall. You looked at Suki, hoping to God she would recognize you. You felt your eyes tearing big again, and you quickly let out a small sob before the two of you rushed forwards to meet. You wrapped your arms tightly around Suki, sobbing into her shoulder. Suki cradled you, letting her tears seep through as well, not caring if it ruined her makeup. The two of you stood there for a moment, letting the hug linger before pulling away. 

Suki looked at you with glassy eyes, "I tried to look for you after the war but I got caught up in work. I couldn't stop thinking about you every day." You nodded in agreement. "I tried for so long to find you. I looked everywhere. I had no idea you were working for Zuko." She smiled, but the more you two looked at each other, the more it became apparent that you both needed to kiss. 

Right as Suki was about to mutter a word, you wrapped your arms around her neck, pulling her into a kiss. It seemed to last forever as the familiar shape of her lips molded to yours. When you finally parted for air, you both smiled at each other again. "God, I missed you." You huffed out, laughing softly. 

Suki returned the smile, pecking your lips again. "I missed you too. C'mon, lets go kick ass." 

"Agreed." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wowza! This was a long one! It definitely took me a bit to write this, but it was actually really fun! I hope you enjoyed! 

Feel free to request anything of your fancy!

I love you guys so much and thank you for supporting my story!

Stay creepy,

                   gabs <3