𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕦𝕕𝕖 | ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ

Magsimula sa umpisa

No one in Dave's life had ever asked him something like that. Only casually, not caring to hear the answer, or using it as a greeting... Ethan wasn't just asking him to disregard his answer, or asking him for the hell of it-Ethan asked him every single damn day, and for some reason he actually fucking cared about what Dave responded with. That's what took him so long to get used to... Ethan was really intense for Dave to deal with. Ethan was everything Dave wasn't, and his upbringing was the complete opposite of Dave's.

Ethan looked him in the eyes and waited patiently for him to answer.

"Dave..." A smile crept onto Ethan's lips. "How was your-"

"Fine."

Ethan laughed a little from his book and was glancing over at him from the page. Dave guessed he was laughing at his one-word answer... Whatever.

"Okay... What did you do?"

"Uh, not much. I just had one class late this afternoon. I worked out this morning, played piano, and went to class. Nothing exciting."

"What class?"

"Linear Algebra."

"...What?" Ethan put his book down onto his chest and looked over at home again. "Wait, Dave, what are you studying?"

"Computer Science."

Ethan laughed. Why the fuck was that funny?

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing," he was trying to stop, "For some reason... I guess I just assumed you were studying music."

Dave smiled, "Well I mean... I can see why you would think that. I'm pretty good."

Ethan rolled his eyes, stifling a laugh, and Dave smirked.

"You're getting your degree in Computer Science?"

"Yeah."

"When are you done?"

"Next year."

There was silence and Dave left it, assuming Ethan had more third degree questions for him... When he first met Ethan he asked him so many questions. So many goddamn questions...

But he never asked about school. Ethan apparently didn't have any more questions about school.

"Julian was also studying Computer Science," Ethan finally said.

"...I know. I saw him today. He's in this class with me, but it's the only one."

That really got Ethan's attention. Woah. Holy shit. His neck must have almost snapped with how fast he turned his head back over in Dave's direction.

"Julian?! How is he?"

"...Fine. I dunno."

"Dave, I kind of hate that you told me this."

Dave looked over at Ethan in the bed across the room... He really did look upset.

Ethan was too sweet to have anyone be mean to him... Julian was unbelievable, with how he left back at the cabin. Just up and left. Who the fuck does something like that?! Ever since they broke up, he was always the reason Ethan was upset.

It broke Dave's heart a little, seeing Ethan with such an unprecedented, disappointed look in his eyes...

He definitely didn't have a crush on him or anything...but he had nice eyes. Warm and brown. And a really nice smile, one that made it hard for you not to smile back. It was contagious. He was really handsome, effortlessly good-looking without spending much time on his appearance, which somehow made him even more attractive.