6

"Listen, about what happened. She just confessed to me, and that was it. Why are you annoyed with me?" I asked sadly. "I am annoyed because you told me you did not see anyone that way the other day. So why did you change your mind? Is the person so great that you fell in love fast?" He asked seriously. What is he saying? Why is he so upset with me right now? "Kiku, why are you upset? I mean, it is not like I have it in me to confess," I spoke.

He jumped slightly at what I said, and we continued to walk silently. I usually dropped him off at his house, and then I went home. "I'm not upset.... and I guess I am not annoyed. I just thought that as your friend, I would have known, but you rejected that girl, so nothing has changed," he answered. My face grew soft, and I turned away from him. "About the other day with the condoms. I just want to clarify that my dads got me those to be safe and that I was not having sex with anyone," I explained.

"I think that if anything, not being able to tell the person how I feel has made me want to save myself for many things...." I said nervously. His eyes widened, and he nodded slowly at me. "I understand... I guess I should have had more faith in you. I know you are not the type of person just to stick it anywhere.... if you know what I mean," he laughed. I smiled at what he said and nodded in agreement. "Besides that one girl, I couldn't even get a date. Wait, maybe I should have said yes so I could practice dates!" I said, shocked.

Dang, it! It could have been my chance to experience an actual date. "What?! Don't do that!" He said quickly. "Why not? It could have given me practice on what to say or do.... if the time came," I spoke. I doubt that would ever happen, but the experience is good too. Plus it is not like I had to kiss her or anything like that. I saw in movies that you don't kiss on the first date, that it is the third date or something.

"So you want experience?" He asked quietly. "Yeah, I think it could give me help to work up the nerve to confess," I smiled. Kiku stopped walking, and I stopped too once I noticed. The distance between us was small, but it felt big with all this tension in the air. "What is it?" I asked, confused. "Alfred...... how about I help you with that?" He answered. I lifted my eyebrow confused, and stared at him for a second. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked. He began to shake from being nervous, and this time he looked at me seriously.

His face was red, and he looked nervously. "Let me help you get date practice. We can go on a date, and you can get experience," he said with a slight stutter. My eyes widened, and my face grew hot. A date?! It's a practice one, but a date?! What? How did he think that was the solution?!! These thoughts started to make my head spin, and I tried to pull up a smile. "What?... I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do-.."

"I want to! Just let me help you out with this one thing," he spoke. I began to fidget with my fingers, and I took multiple deep breaths. A fake date? Not my idea of confessing, but maybe this could help me out? The way his face looked was so sweet and soft; I wanted to hold him in my arms and kiss his face all over.

"Oh... okay.. then..."
"But you have to be the one to plan the date. That is your first step to experience. Just look at places where you think the person would have fun. Or that it could strike up a conversation.."
"Hmmm? You sure are good at dates for someone who always avoids them."
"I have my ideal dates, and so do you.... besides, I read a lot of manga!" He cheered.

I felt defeated at what he said; he was so proud and sure. "I do not think that mixing manga and real life is a good thing," I said, defeated. "Yes and no, it just depends on what it is." He explained. "But! You could also get ideas from movies, shows, and books! It does not hurt to try," he added. "Yeah, I guess you might be right about that," I said, laughing.

We continued to walk, and we were getting closer to his house. "So, when do you want to go?" I asked. "How about this weekend?" He asked. "Oh... I think my brother has a game Saturday, but maybe Sunday?" I asked. "Yeah, sure, just after one in the afternoon," he smiled. "Okay then!! Sunday at two," I smiled. He nodded softly, and we stopped at the gate of his house. "Also.... on the date, we won't be friends.... make sure to try your best. As if you were trying to get me to fall in love with you," he smiled.

Kiku waved goodbye to me as he turned away; I nodded at what he said. As if... I needed him to fall in love with me? Is this how I will achieve that? I started to walk home with the thought in my head, and I smiled. This is it! I will get him to fall in love with me! I won't have to give up on him because this was the answer. I will make kiku fall in love with me, and I will confess when the time is right! I got this... how hard could this actually be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like

Comment

💖💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️