Birthday

Blake

I wake up and look at the schedule on my phone

I wake up and look at the schedule on my phone. Take Logan to school, take Alya to the doctor to get shots, buy groceries, pay the electric bill, go to set, work on my new album, and oh look, it's December 14th. "Happy birthday to me I guess," I whispered to myself. Guess what bitch, you've officially been alone and unwanted for 18 years of your life... yaaay. After a few more seconds I finally got up. I took a shower, did my hair, brushed my teeth, even put on makeup. I put on some cute clothes and flop back on my bed. I lay there for a few minutes, stro

Any other year I would lock myself up in my room on this day, crying and throwing myself a pity party. I couldn't do it this year though. Tom was still here, and I had Alya and Logan to take care of. So I put up a brave face and go to wake up Logan. Once she woke up she looked at me and I sat on her bed. "You okay?" She asked. "I'm fine kid," I lied. "Liar, don't lie to me," she said. "I'm okay Nattie, I'm done crying about this," I lied. I know she didn't believe me.

I wiped my tears and turn back to her. "Now you gotta get dressed, Tom's insisted on picking you up from school, and Logan...," she looked at me, "no gifts, I mean it, I don't want anything that has to do with my birthday," I said sternly. "But it's your birthday," she said. "Yeah, whatever," I said leaving. "Blake!!" she shouted making me turn back towards her, she hugged me and said, "Happy birthday." "Thanks kid," I said leaving her room.

By the time I get back from Alya's appointment Tom was up. "Hey, sorry I had to take this one to get shots," I said shakily. "Hey, are you okay?" Tom asked. "Mm fine," I practically growled at him. I already called in sick at work for today, I just couldn't do it. I pushed past Tom and went to my room slamming the door. I put Alya in a crib and flop onto my bed, crying. Damnit Blake, you promised you would stop crying!

"Blake!" Tom yelled. "Get out Tom!" I yelled. "Blake?" He asked. "Just get the hell out of my house!!" I screamed. I heard footsteps head out and the alarm beeped signaling that the front door opened. I didn't pay attention, I just fell onto the floor and started sobbing. A million thoughts were racing through my head, one thought for every thousand tears. You're such a terrible fucking person you kicked Tom out!!

Tom

Even though Blake kicked me out, I didn't pack my stuff

Even though Blake kicked me out, I didn't pack my stuff. It was already around 3:00 and I wanted to pick Logan up from school. Maybe she'll tell me what's up. As I pull up at her school Logan immediately knew who I was. "Tom," she said. Once she was in the was in the car I decided to get her ice cream. She's eight, how else could I get her to talk?!

"Logan, is your sister okay?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" She asked back. "She was crying earlier, and I just wanna help her out," I admit. Logan frowned a little. "I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone," she whispered. "Is it bad?" I asked. "No..." she trailed off. "You don't have to tell me Logan," I finally said. If it's a secret I won't force them. "I'll tell you," she said. "You sure?" I asked. She nodded. "Today's Blake's birthday," she whispered like it was a secret. "That's the secret?" I asked. Logan nods.

"Why's it a secret?" I asked. Once we started driving back to Blake's. "She hates her birthday," Logan said. "Why?" I asked. "She just does and I'm not telling you why," Logan said. Once we get there Logan skipped inside the house. "Well maybe we should get her a cake or something," I suggested. Logan shook her head. "Melly helped me get her a Starbucks gift card and a cupcake, but that's all," Logan said. "What about your parents," I asked. Logan turned on the tv and all together just ignored me.

"So you just ignore her birthday?" I asked. "I got her a gift card," she said. "Don't her parents get her anything?" I asked. "Maybe," she said. How did she not know? Something was definitely wrong here, but I had something else on my mind. "Why don't we give her a party?" I suggested. "I don't want a party," Blake said coming downstairs with Star trailing behind her. "Happy birthday," I said. "Yeah sure," she said. How does she not like her birthday?! "So what do you wanna do for your birthday?" I asked. "I'm doing it, pretending it doesn't exist, which is hard to do when people keep bringing it up," she said pointedly.

I sighed slightly. "Okay," I said putting my hands up in surrender. I wasn't giving up, but I don't need to fight right now. "Thanks Tom," she said. "But please just one post?" I begged. "Tom!" She shouts. "Just one," I begged. "No," she said. "Why?" I asked. "Because I don't like my birthday okay?! I just wanna let it pass and pretend it never happened," she said. "But why?" I asked. "Because nothing good happens on my birthday," she said.

"No good presents?" I asked. "I don't need presents," she said. "Okay, what about parties?" I asked. "Sneaking out to go to the movies with my sister," she said. "What about your parents?" He asked. She shrugged. "What, your parents never got you anything?" I asked. "They were never there on our birthdays," Logan said earning a glare from Blake. "They were always at work or something," she said. "Or something?" I asked. "Look Tom, my parents are probably great, but they can't be there all the time, they're probably really busy,"she said. "That's why Logan lives with you?" I asked. She nodded. It made sense.

Blake

After I lied to Tom, Logan gave me a gift card and a cupcake. Which was nice even if I told her not to. Tom insisted on bringing down Alya so they could sing happy birthday. So they sang and as much as I hate my birthday, I was happy that Tom cared enough to do all that. Eventually Alya and Logan ended up going to sleep leaving just me and Tom.

"Wanna watch something?" He asked. I decided to ask the one question that's been on my mind since Tom came. "Why do you care so much?" I asked. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Why do you care about me so much?" I asked. "Well, your amazing, smart, funny, kind, who wouldn't care about you?" He asked. "You'd be surprised," I said biting my lip. A small smirk appeared on my face and Tom blushed. Oh what is this boy doing to me?

"So you really care about me Thomas Holland?" I asked. "I really, really care about you Blake Morrigan Stark," He said. "Well okay then Thomas Tommington Stanley Holland," I smirk. "Okay Blakey Blake Morrigan Morriganisha Stark," Tom said. "Tomothy Tom Thomas Stanley Holland," I said. "Blakity Blakey Blake Blake Morrigan Stark," he said. "Timity Timothy Tomothy Tom Tom Thomason Thomas Stanley Holland," I said with a smirk.

Tom also smirked. "Well played Stark," he said. "You to Holland," I nodded my approval. Then without even thinking I kissed him. WHAT THE FUCK BLAKE?!! He kissed back. When we finally pull apart we looked at each other. We were both probably blushing like crazy. "Holy shit," I said breaking the silence. "Yeah," Tom agreed. I looked at the clock. "I should go to bed, I gotta take Logan to school tomorrow," I said. "Yeah, and I should probably start packing since I'm flying back on Saturday," Tom agreed. We both ran upstairs awkwardly avoiding each other.