Chapter 25 - The Rise of an Alpha

Start from the beginning

"How did you become a werewolf?"

"Derek found me, cowered in an open grave, terrified to the point where I couldn't move. I was pathetic, my father used to lock me in a refrigerator in the basement and even now I'm terrified of small spaces".

"So do you think if you weren't terrified of small spaces you wouldn't be in that grave, unable to get out?" I questioned.

"No I would be strong enough to get out".

"So Derek wouldn't have turned you because you were strong enough. Derek preyed upon well as you say cowards", I explained, he shrugged his shoulders unable to understand my point. "Look, what your dad did was messed up and I wish it hadn't of happened to you but think of where you are now and the things you're able to do. You wouldn't be able to do any of things without those horrible things you went through, you look back on those memories and think of how weak you are but you need to look back on those memories and think of how strong you've become".

"Great so my dad made me who I am", he snarled.

"In a sense yes, he made you the strong person you are because of the weak person he was. You were never weak, he was. Only a weak man attacks a child. I don't know who you were back then but I know who you are now and I admire the strength you have".

"You know, you're actually great at making people feel better", Isaac told me sweetly.

"A compliment? You're spoiling me Isaac", I said playfully. I looked over to him and he smiled softly at me.

"Seriously though, thank you".

"Are we about to hug right now?" I pushed my back off the wall and faced Isaac.

"Shut up".

"You love that word", I chuckled, he joined in while shaking his head.

I handed his scarf back to him before heading back inside, leaving Isaac alone.

After another hour, I couldn't stay awake anymore so I went to get some blankets out of the boot of my car. Lydia and I placed a blanket on the floor for us to sleep on while we placed another on top of us. Even though it was almost sunrise, none of us wanted to leave as we didn't know when our friends would wake up. I texted my dad that I was staying at a friends house, he was reluctant to accept this as I haven't been spending a lot of time at home but in the end he gave in. It didn't take long for me to give in to my tiredness and fall asleep.

My eyes twitched as my body was beginning to wake up, I opened my eyes to see Isaac sitting next to us, he leant his arms on his knees. "Morning sunshine", he mocked.

"Whatever", I yawned arching my back as I stretched, Lydia was already awake and was sat up beside me. "Still nothing?"

"Nope, the water has been still this entire time", Lydia responded.

"How long has it been?" I got up and stretched my arms out.

"Fifteen hours".

"Fifteen hours!" I repeated in shock. I looked over to Deaton. "We are running out of time, can't we wake them?"

"I'm afraid not as that could kill them", he informed me.

I huffed with nothing we can do to help we were back to waiting. I put the blankets back into my car, giving myself something to do other than sit down or pace around the Animal Clinic. When I came back in, I sat next to Lydia who was nervously playing with her hair which somehow still stayed in place.

The room was quiet except for the ticking from the clock on the wall echoed throughout the room. I closed my eyes and thought about my kiss with Stiles, a fluttering sensation filled my body as his taste still lingered on my lips. Did he really mean that kiss or was it just adrenaline from the emotion he felt. Was he mind cloudy and he didn't know what he was thinking or what he was doing? Did he like me back?