Nightmare (Fluffybird)

"It's your fault."

"You caused this."

"You were so excited to start that dumb show of yours that you didn't think of the consequences."

"Red?"

"You abandoned them."

"Red-"

"If you had just thought this through they wouldn't have suffered."

"Red!-"

"You should've stayed, not them!-"

"RED!!"

Red Guy woke up, he had tears in his eyes. He looked around a bit and saw Duck sitting up on their bed, he looked worried. "H-huh? What?-" Red Guy muttered as he also sat up and wiped the tears from his eyes. Duck hugged him tightly. "I was going to get some water until I heard you muttering in your sleep and- and- y-you just- started crying!" Duck explained. "Wh-what happened?"

Red Guy hugged him back. "Sorry, I just had a nightmare..." he muttered, he had a pained look on his face. Duck leaned his head on his shoulder. "...Do you wanna talk about it?" he asks. Red Guy shook his head. "Maybe tomorrow..." he said. Duck nodded and hugged him tighter. "Do you want me to get you some water since I'm getting some for myself?" Red Guy looked away a bit. "If that's okay with you..." he replied.

"Of course it is! I'll be right back!" Duck said as he kissed Red Guy's cheek. He got up from the bed and walked out to get water for the both of them. As Red Guy waited for Duck, he couldn't help but think about the nightmare he just had. 'It was so long ago...So why am I dreaming about this now?' he thought. He tried to take his mind off of it and continued waiting for Duck.

"You really think something like this would fade away over time just because it's over?"

He quickly shook his head. 'I just have to ignore them until Duck gets back-'

"But that's not gonna be easy, now is it?"

Red Guy covered his ears, he tried to block them out.

"You can't ignore this forever-"

"Red...?"

Red Guy uncovered his ears and looked up at the doorway of his and Duck's room. Duck was standing there holding two glasses of water in his hands. "Are you alright?" He asked as he walked in, using his foot to close the door behind him. Red Guy sighed a bit "Yeah, I'll be fine..." he muttered. Duck wasn't convinced but decided not to make Red Guy talk about it considering that it's the middle of the night.

He gave Red Guy one of the glasses of water as he drank some from his own cup. Red Guy took the cup and drank some water aswell. Duck sat on the bed again and put the blanket over him. He laid down on the bed with Red Guy and cuddled him a bit. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked again. Red Guy nodded before cuddling him back. "Yeah I'm sure..." he muttered.

Duck kissed him on the cheek and cuddled him more. "I love you...~" he said. Red Guy blushed, he kissed Duck back. "I love you too...~" he replied before they both slowly started to fall asleep again. 

Luckily, the nightmare didn't come back...