Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

I sighed when I completed large stack of papers. I took this morning off which caused me to work right now. I looked at the clock and it showed 11:30 pm. I am the only one in office right now. But I don't regret it cause I spend my morning with my baby. Yesterday he was angry with me. But after a while he gave in, he was my son afterall ,how can he stay mad at me. I had promised him that we'd spend time together today and also at night we will go to my ice cream parlour for a treat. As soon as I said ice-cream he was so happy that I couldn't believe just an ice-cream would make my son this happy. So today, I took my morning off as promised. We were playing and laughing all the while but after lunch he was exhausted so I dropped him at my mother's place and came straight to office. And yeah mom is not angry at me anymore to which I am thankful for. I don't like when my family is angry towards me. I am a family person although to others I am cold, arrogant, rude and cocky bastard. And honestly, I don't mind because I like to show my rude side to people. I have learned from my miistake once to never show emotions. Once you display your emotions, everyone will play with your feelings. So I am happy as the person I am towards people. I have heard many people scream such things to me while I like to see thier emotions which most consisted of fear. I shook my head at my thoughts and left the office. I went towards my parents place hoping Liam wouldn't be asleep yet. I wanna spend as much time as possible with Liam. Mom and dad were with Liam in the huge garden we have, looking at stars and enjoying the calmness of night. As soon as Liam saw my car he started jumping in mom's arms indicating he wanna be in my arms with me. I smiled brightly at him and took him in my arms. As usual he nuzzled his neck in my neck hugging me tightly. I looked towards dad and went to hug him. I kissed my mom's cheeks and hugged her wishing both of them goodnight. As we were seated in car, Liam started talking to me in baby language about his day. He spoke only few words. His first word was 'dada'. He has different nicknames for everyone in the family. He calls my dad 'granpa' and mom 'granma'. Thier faces lit up when he calls them that. He calls Mark 'mar'. Mark never tolerates if someone misspells his name and is furious towards them but with Liam its different. This little guy has everyone wrapped around his finger. We soon reached the parlour and went towards back side booth which I have reserved for my friends and family. It isn't available to anyone although the person is VIP. It also has a door which is sound proof as well as from outside it is mirror while from inside it is normal glass door. Its like we can see from inside but the person outside thinks its just mirror. I like my privacy so I made it accordingly. I ordered chocolate chip ice-cream for both of us as it is our favourite. We both have same preferances in almost each and everything. Everyone who have met him calls him exact copy of me which I am proud of. We started playing and laughing while eating ice-cream. It was around 12:15 when I thought that we should leave as Liam was trying to keep his eyes open. He was tired and I can tell he doesn't wants to leave. I hope he doesn't gets irritated by the time we reach home. I took him in my arms and started to make my way out. He was crying and I was rocking him back and forth to calm him down when I bumped into someone cause I was busy with Liam to notice someome was walking towards us. I quickly wrapped my arm around her waist to steady her. Her hair were shielding her face but she was looking hot in red dress which she was wearing. When she looked up I was shocked to see it was Miss Campbell from yesterday. She was looking different today. She was having more make up than yesterday. But not too much, just enough to enhance her features. I looked in her dark brown orbs to see she was staring at me with confusion in her eyes. Her eyes went towards my hand which was on her waist and then towards my other arm which was holding Liam. She smiled softly at him although his back was facing her. I can tell from the look on her face that she is genuinely concerned about him. I am good at reading people through thier eyes. As she saw me again, she stepped back to create some space between allowing me to look at her. There was glitter all over her. We stared into each other's eyes for a minute when Liam cried again. I looked at my back to see him with his thumb in his mouth. I smiled and took out his thumb from his mouth. He frowned at me causing me to smile agin as I used to do the same when I was a kid if I didn't do things my way. His eyes then went to the lady standing in front of us. He gave her a bright smile which I was shocked to see as he was tired and wasn't irritated anymore. His mood changed in 2 seconds. I looked at her and as if realisation hit her she spoke, "I am really sorry. I should have looked where I was walking. Sorry for the incovenience." I just nodded at her telling her it is okay. She looked at me expectantly as if waiting for me to apologise. I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes at me and said 'jerk' to herself but I heard it. She then gave Liam one last smile and started to walk in the direction she was walking. As she was about to pass, Liam took a strand of her hairs in his hands and wrapped around his finger. She turned around and when she saw it was Liam she smiled at him and said, "Heyy Liam. How are you love?" He giggled at her in response. She said, "Baby I need to go now. I'll see you later. Okay buddy. Bye love." Liam frowned when he heard she was leaving and was on the verge of crying as his eyes were glistening. She kissed his forehead first then his left cheek. She kissed her right cheek when he began crying and she felt a droplet of his tear near her lips. She looked up and tried to comfort him by saying, "Shh...Love please don't cry. I don't like when you cry baby. Shh......please don't cry love". But he wasn't listening at her. She gave me a small smile and began walking away. I was trying to calm Liam when he began crying loudly and sobbing which caused her to hault at her steps. She was now a few feet away from us. She turned around and was looking directly at Liam. He began throwing his arms in the air as if to indicate her to pick him up. I hadn't saw Liam interacting with stranger before. So him trying to hug her was something which I was stunned about. She then turned to look at me but I kept my face blank. When she didn't took a step forward, Liam started thrashing in my arms. She looked like she also wanted to hold him but wasn't trying since I accused her at cafe yesterday. I took few steps towards her was now standing in front of her. Liam quickly mde his way over her. She took him in her arms when he was about to fall. I thanked god that he didn't fell. She began hugging him and he placed his head in her neck nuzzling his nose there like he used to do with me. She rubbed his back to calm him which was working as he was not crying anymore. However, he had his hands wrapped around her neck tightly to not let her go.She whispered soothing words in his ears causing him to sleep in her arms. All the while, I was staring at her trying to figure out why Liam was so attached to her.

Love~
Diya❣