Last Day

A/N: So sorry everyone! I haven't update for a while, as usual. I won't make a promise that you will get the next chapter soon but I am hoping for the best. I had super bad writer's block for a while so I wrote something else until I got ideas. However I recently have gotten a lot of inspiration so I'm hoping that I can get a new chapter up after this one soon as well. Alex's outfit for the day she leaves is hopefully in the side bar. Enjoy. Please comment? I want to have you guys help my with this! 

-Wasted

P.s.  A surprise is going to be popping up in the next chapter that will involve some of you guys who participate. Also thank you to  aiken_06 fo adding this to their reading list.

Austin's POV

I woke up early to the sight of Alex sleeping, the drapes in the room were pulled closed and I could hear the beeping of the heart machine. I stood up, careful not to wake Alex in the process, and stretched feeling my back pop. I looked at my phone, 7:30. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair and slipped my phone in my pocket walking out the door quietly. Out in the waiting room Tino and Phil sat in chairs sleeping, Aaron was sitting a couple chairs down, wide awake. Walking over and sitting by him, I watched as he turned his phone off and looked at me.

"How is Alex?" Aaron asks, looking at me tiredly.
"Alex is doing well, she's sleeping right now but I think she'll be able to leave soon. Where's Alan?" I look at Aaron, worried as to where my ginger princess could have gone.
"Um, he's actually in room 290 I believe."
I almost panicked as I asked my next question thinking Alan could have gone out and gotten hurt or something stupid, "why?"
"Well," he started, "last night after you went in to check up on Alex he started to cough pretty bad, one of the nurses insisted that he be checked over and so he agreed. Apparently he's got some virus that's attacking his lungs and his stomach, but it got so bad at one point where he started to cough up blood so they checked him in and hooked him up to an I.V."
I frowned realizing that now Alan couldn't visit Alex for a while and even I would have to be careful around him. "Have you gone in to see him yet?"
"No but he texted me saying that he was going to be let out early this morning, he's just got to pay attention for a little while as to what he's eating. Drink lots of water, the normal stuff." He said everything without a pause, completely calm.
I stood back up thanking Aaron and walked over to the reception desk, "Do you know if Alan Ashby is awake yet ma'am?"
The young woman looks up at me and smiles, "Mr. Ashby is still sleeping sir, would you like me to notify you when he wakes up?"
"No, thank you though." I smile politely at the woman walks away.
I walk back over to Aaron and sigh, "Would you mind going into Alex's room for me? She should be waking up soon."
Aaron stands up and smiles, "of course, I've been waiting to visit her anyways."
I nod and smile at Aaron, "Wear-"
Aaron cuts me off, "I know, wear a mask, I've been exposed to the virus Alan has."
"Thank you, and also-" Aaron cuts me off again.
"Ask her what flowers she likes? Don't worry the moment she wakes up I will and I will text you what she likes. Don't forget your princess I'm sure he'll want flowers too. And I will make sure that if Alan decides to come visit that he and Alex are both wearing masks, safety is my priority. Don't worry I've got it handled." He smiles widely at me and laughs slightly.
"How in the world-"
Once again he cuts me off, "also pick up food for everyone, my treat. I'm sure coffee from Starbucks and some dunken donuts food or McDonald's food will work. You know what we like I will get Alex's request when she wakes up. And as to what you were asking, I know this because Alan told me all about how torturous it was for him to see you like Alex."
I sigh and smile slightly at Aaron as he stands up and hands me a one hundred dollar bill then walks toward the front desk to get a mask. I shake my head in disbelief and turn around and head for the door getting into the van that was still parked outside from the venue. I drove down to the local flower shop and received a text from Aaron