¦ 4 ¦

-------------------------------------------------------

Nonsan Military Camp
September 4, 2019
3:47 AM

-------------------------------------------------------

"What the..."

Do Kyungsoo was awoken by the sound of horns blaring loudly outside, as well as a full blown commotion that sounded rowdy and panicked. As he looked through the window, he saw the silhouettes of people hurriedly walking or running to the mess hall's direction. Each person that walked by his bunker were chattering, hints of tension could be heard from everyone's voices.

"...Still dark." the tired soldier muttered under his breath while he lifted his torso from the bedside. He took a look at his watch, 3:47 AM.

Something urgent must've happened. The 26 year old remarked.

Quickly putting on a shirt and his shoes, he quickly looked around the dark dormitory: Empty. It'd been a week after Kyungsoo's 3 bunkmates' strange disappearance, yet the bunker was still eerily empty without their presence. Kyungsoo smiled at the sight nevertheless--his bunkmates and their torturous antics finally being gone... It comparable to heaven on earth.

"Good." Kyungsoo smiled, satisfied. He swiftly stood up and walked to the door, the hard soles of his boots clacked on the concrete flooring. He eventually got outside and began making his own way to the mess hall.

The road en-route to the said mess hall revealed itself to Kyungsoo as a river of soldiers and trainees shuffling about in the same direction, and every single mouth present seemingly talked about one singular rumor:

"Hey, you heard of the talks about Mokpo?"

"No. Why? What's new?"

"Gunshots were heard last night at some parts in Mokpo-si."

The horns still blared that earsplitting tune at the distance, keeping all the soldiers present earnest on their walk to their destination.

"Wait... So the gangs there have access to guns? Doesn't that mean that the gangs there are big shots?"

A/N: Guns are illegal in South Korea because of a police shooting in 1982. 56 people died that day.

"Yeah... That's the last update my aunt's friend that lives there told us... We can't call her since last night."

One of the two men put a hand under his chin and slowed his walk, his face crumpled in confusion. "...Damn. It got so bad so quickly. But that story though, shouldn't it be on national news?"

"Right? That's also what I thought!" The other agreed, voicing his agreement a bit too loudly, thus causing other soldiers too look at them with concerned looks.

"Hmm." Kyungsoo hummed in thought as he heard these two strangers talk in front of him. From what he heard from that, along with the intel that he got from Spade, his mind started to wander once more.

He walked a pace slower as he thought deep. As such, shoulders often crashed against his own as the surge of people behind him marched forward without remorse.

Two gangs on the loose and actively terrorizing a city, armed with guns and are actively using it, without even a single media coverage.

It's definitely bizarre, but a possible reason for this was to lessen as much national panic as possible - and surprisingly, it's working wonders. As it seems that nothing relating to guns or mafia or terrorism had come up trending in blogging sites... Yet.