One Day at a Time

Asami was quickly slipping into a panic attack. She sat down on the bench in the front entrance and sunk her face into her hands. She could hear the echos of her heart beat in her ears. This was the first time she has ever heard it but she quickly realized it wasn't a sound in her head when she heard a loud bang outside the front door. She quickly jumps up and sprints to the door.

"Korra?" She calls out and swings open the door and Naga crashes into her but didn't knock her over. Asami ruffles her fur but her eyes are glued on the woman in the door way. With tears on the verge of spilling from her eyes.

"Hey Asami. You waited for me?" She asks taking off her beanie. Once Naga was done greeting Asami she walked up to Korra without and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I was so scared something happened to you." She whispered into her hair.

"A little snow storm couldn't stop me." She says and pulls Asami closer to her. She got back a lot later than she wanted but she got her surprise. They hold each other for a little while longer taking in each others warmth. They separate but neither of them make a move to put distance between them.

"So you're not mad at me for waiting for you?" Asami asks and Korra's heart breaks.

"No. I'm not mad. I'm really sorry I made you think I'd be mad at you for something like that. I was being dumb and words can't explain how sorry I am."

"Okay. What does that mean exactly?"

"The reason I was out so late was because I was getting you something. I know you leave tomorrow and I wanted to do something for you before that." Korra steps outside the front door to grab something and she walks in carrying a Christmas tree.

"Aww did you get me a tree?" Asami smiles. Korra peaks her head out from behind the tree.

"Not just any tree." Asami gasps when starts to take in the tree.

"It's the tree I picked out weeks ago." She states.

"Yes it is. Can you help me take it to your room?"

"Sure but you do know it needs a tree stand right." Asami grabs the other side of the tree directing Korra up the stairs.

"Don't worry about that. I got everything in my room." They get the tree into Asami's room and Korra ran to her room to grab the tree stand and decorations.

They tighten the tree in the stand and Korra puts on a Christmas music playlist while they move around each other putting the decorations on the tree. Asami couldn't stop smiling the entire time. When they were done she placed the tree topper and stepped back to take it all in. Despite all the trauma and hardships she has faced in this moment she felt like no matter what happened everything will be okay.

"Merry Christmas Asami." Korra whispered. Her eyes no longer focused on the tree but watching Asami intently.

"Thank you Korra." She turns to look at Korra and she remembered she has a present for Korra. "Oh and I got you something too. Just one second." She searches through her bag until she find the gift and hands it to Korra.

"You got me something even after I stopped talking to you?"

"I made it actually. And of course I got you something. Because even if you were ignoring me I appreciate everything you've done for me."

Korra takes the gift and starts taking off the wrapping paper. She reveals a snow globe. Upon closer inspection it wasn't just an ordinary snow globe.

"How did you?" Korra asked speechless admiring the craftsmanship of the scene encompassed in the glass.

"Did you know there's a place in town where you can make your own snow globe? I thought it would make a really good gift. I captured one of my favorite moments with you. Like a picture but animated"