Lock It Up and Throw Away The Key

Korra was usually a woman with routines. She usually did the same things every year like clock work. Her friends have joked about it. Ever since the Future Industries CEO came to town she felt the ripple effect it had on her life. If started off with small things like staying up later than usual. Lying awake in bed unable to sleep because her mind couldn't settle down.

Normally she would hate when her routines were interrupted or at the very least be annoyed. Tonight shocked even herself. She retired to her room with enough time to catch up on a few episodes of her latest binge. When the time came to start her nightly routine she pressed play on another episode and then another. One became two and two became three. Before she knew it the clocked reached midnight.

Korra had cherished stability before but, spending time with Asami has really made her see the beauty in not having plans. Sure it was trivial and probably laugh worthy to other people but to Korra this was a huge step. That's also what made it so scary. But those thoughts would have to be for another day because now she feels ready to get some much needed sleep.

She opens the door to the dimly lit hallway and heads towards the bathroom to get ready for bed. The late hours were wearing on her. Her eyes were heavy. She reaches up to rub the sleep from them and doesn't see the bathroom door fly open. She walks right into something and instinctively puts her hands up and she feels skin. Skin! Sleep is no longer on her mind when she looks up and sees that her hands are now firmly on Asami's bare chest.

Heat starts to rise in her cheeks and her ears but she doesn't move until she makes eye contact with a shocked crimson faced Asami. She quickly removes her hands and covers her eyes. Bending down to blindly search for the fallen towel.

"I'm so sorry Asami. I didn't see you there. Where is that dang towel? I'm so tired and I wasn't paying attention. Ah here it is." Without looking she thrusts her hand up holding out the towel.

She over estimated the distance between the two and the back of her knuckles rested on soft warm skin. The contact made Asami gasp but she thankfully grabs the towel and secures it around her body. Asami clears her throat.

"You can uncover your eyes now Korra. I'm decent."

"More than decent." Korra says under her breath without thinking. Cursing herself because that was supposed to be kept in her head.

"What was that?" Asami asks with a smirk. She heard every word.

"Nothing. Again I'm so sorry. I should have paid more attention"

"It's fine. Things happen. Besides it's not like I'm embarrassed with my body."

'You shouldn't be.' Korra thought but decided to keep that to herself this time.

"So. How was your shower?" Korra asks.

"It was nice. Very warm."

"I bet. Probably much needed after spending so much time outside in the snow." Asami hums in agreement.

"Anyway, I should probably get going. It's getting kind of late." Asami states.

"Yeah absolutely."

"Goodnight Korra." Asami starts walking past Korra but stops right next to her. "By the way, your hands are softer than I thought they'd be." She whispers and leaves a stunned Korra standing at the bathroom door.

"Goodnight Asami." She says and she hears Asami's door click shut.

Later that night Korra laid in bed unable to sleep. How could she sleep when all she could think of was Asami? Not just her beautiful face either. All of her. Then she started to argue with herself because she shouldn't be thinking these things. Because she wasn't supposed to see all of Asami or would Asami be okay with her thinking of this. It was all very confusing.