Sonia Nevermind

"What is the matter, dear dark queen?" Gundham asks, watching Maga-Z settle himself on the Princess's shoulder, "I sense a strong wave of sadness and longing radiating off of your mortal form."

   Gundham knows his friend well and can tell when something is troubling her. 

   She reaches up to stroke the Deva's furry head. "It it. . .really not important. I would hate to trouble you with a mere mortal problem." She sighs back. 

   Gundham smiles, chuckling in that smooth deep voice of his. "Normally yes, I wouldn't dare trifle myself with mortal woes, however, you have curried my favor. Speak, Nevermind, and I will do my best to assist you." He commands. 

   Sonia smiles. "Tanaka. . .thank you." She reaches around, gathering the Deva in the palms of her hands before offering him out to Gundham who accepts him immediately. 

   "Okay. . .you know of Nanami Chiaki, right?"

     Gundham nods once. "The slayer of virtual fiends." 

   "Yes, the Ultimate Gamer!" Sonia claps her hands together, "You see, I. . .I have what humans call a 'crush' on her. It means I like her in a romantic sense. But, she does not know how I feel about her. . .are you following so far?"

   "I am understanding completely," The sorcerer affirms, "continue."

   "Yes, well. . .I wish she would look at me the way I look at her. Feel the same way I feel about her. But I fear she never will. Besides, I feel like she likes that Hinata Hajime boy." The blonde confesses.

   The sorcerer strokes his chin thoughtfully before giving his answer. "Have you tried telling the brave slayer of how you feel directly?"

   Sonia stiffens. "I. . .I would not like to do so until I am sure there is even a possibility she will return my affections."

   Gundham lays his hand on her shoulder. "Here is what you do, Princess: spend more time with her, find excuses to do so if you must. Show her affection and love. The slayer will most certainly hold you in her heart then. She will no longer care for Hinata Hajime in that sense." He instructs carefully.

   Sonia looks up to meet his eyes. "You truly believe that will work?" He nods, "Then I will try. Thank you, Tanaka!"

   "Hmph!" He laughs, "Good luck in your quest, my dark queen!"

-

   "Nanami!" Sonia calls out eagerly, running up the gamer, waving her hand excitedly. The peach-haired girl turns to face her, stifling a yawn.

   ". . .Nevermind-san. Hello." She greets her kindly. 

    The Princess pulls herself together, praying she doesn't mess this up.

   "Hello Nanami! I was just looking at my e-handbook and I noticed we don't have that many Hope Fragments together! And we'll never get off of this island unless we collect all of everyone's, so, care to spend some time together today?" She suggests.

   Sonia's entire body tenses as she nervously awaits the gamer's answer. What if she says no? What if she already hates her-no, they were friends; it isn't like that. Then-

   "Mhm. That'll be fun," Chiaki replies, sending a wave of serotonin over Sonia, "what did you have in mind?"

   Sonia strokes her chin. A way to entertain and bond with Chiaki, huh. . .

   "Perhaps. . .we can chat over a cup of tea? I've been craving a cup all day," She suggests, "I would've had one this morning but I missed it for my usual magic lessons with Tanaka you see. I-"