Ch 8

Gotham, Wayne Enterprises

I park my car in the underground garage then make my way into the building.

"Jackie where have you been? My dad is ready to blow!" Luke asks immediately coming over towards me.

"I had something to take care of." I tell him going towards the elevator and he follows closely.

"Something? What do you mean by something?" His eyebrows furrow.

I sigh stopping, turning to face him and tug at the collar of my shirt showing my neck a bit more revealing that I don't have any dark veins anymore. His face washes with realization and he calms down.

"Still. You've been dodging everyone's calls-

"Because everyone has been keeping shit from me." I comment pressing the button to the elevator.

"Look Diana has gone back to Paris-"

"I hope you told her bon voyage on my behalf." I step into the elevator as the doors open and he does as well.

"Also my dad hired a new CFO." He informs me making me raise a brow.

"Hm I'm going to follow up on that. While you tell your dad I'm here and to calm down." I say as the elevator doors close.

"So I assume you went to go see Lena." Luke asks as I press the button that'll take me to the CFO office.

"Yeah." I sigh with a nod.

"So this new CFO, is it an old dude?" I ask changing the subject before he can respond.

"Not exactly..." He answers making me curious and the elevator comes to a stop making the doors open.

I step out and turn back to Luke.

"Remember, get your pops off my back." I say before walking down the hall.

He goes to say something but the doors close cutting him off. I walk down to the hall and stop in front of a door.

Chief Financial Officer

The former name plaque now gone, and the new one is yet to be placed. I knock on the door then open it peeping my head in. A pair of green eyes look up from whatever was in front of her on the desk.

"Well, hello." I greet before fully stepping into the office.

"Hello." The woman behind the desk smiles as she looks up at me.

I then make my way further into the room and towards the seated woman.

"I came by to introduce myself. I'm Jaqueline Wayne, owner of Wayne Enterprises and I was told you're my new CFO." I give her the trademark Wayne smile extending my hand out to her and she stands up.

"Of course, Ms.Wayne. It's a pleasure to meet you." She takes it and I kiss the back of it while maintaining eye contact.

"The pleasure is all mine." I say and take a seat in front of her desk while she goes back to sit down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name-