"That sounds perfect."

They walked to the beach and Emi took her shoes off.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"You didn't think that we were going to walk with our shoes on did you?"

Shota shrugged and Emi chuckled, "Have you ever had the feeling of the sand on your feet?" She asked.

He shook his head, "Not since I was a kid."

"Take them off, you'll thank me."

Aizawa didn't protest and took his shoes and socks off, "There."

"Come on." She held out her hand and they walked together hand in hand in quiet contentment. The waves rushed and crashed gently on the shore. Shota closed his eyes, hearing the soothing sounds around him. They found a spot on the beach to sit and they both watched as the ocean rushed up to the shore to reach their toes.

Shota took out his hair tie to let his hair hang free in the breeze and Emi looked at him, admiring the way he looked in the bright moonlight. He leaned back and dug his toes in the sand. Emi realized, this was the first time shed ever seen him truly stress free and relaxed.

"Uh oh." She giggled.

"What?" He looked over at her.

"I think the beach is your happy place. I've never seen you so tranquil."

"I must be the sand." He joked.

"Haha! Shota Aizawa actually cracking a joke?" She bumped shoulders with him, playfully.

"I can be funny." He defended himself.

"Uh huh. Funny looking." She teased, laughing at her own joke.

"Okay, queen of laughter. That's it."
He wrapped his arms around her tightly, bringing her close against His frame.

"Well, Shota. What will you do with me now that you have me in your arms?"

"This." He said nipping at her ear, making her squeal.

"Shota!" She blushed.

"Huh?" He nipped her again, making her jump. "Let me go." She demanded.

"No." He said almost whining.

Emi kissed his lips and his grip loosened and eased. "You're going to be an amazing father to Eri."

"I know." He smiled. "Its what I'm the best at."

"I agree with that."

"Emi?" He met her eyes.

"What is it?"

"Id like to take you on another date when you come back to Tokyo."

"Are you asking?"

"Of course."

"Well, then its another date." She cuddled him close. "I had a lot of fun
With you, Shota."

"Me too. I haven't had this much fun in fifteen years."

"Get used to feeling like this when you're with me."

After a while, they left the beach and both headed back to their homes. Aizawa climbed the steps to his apartment and opened the door to see Piper asleep on the couch, cuddled up with Figaro. He couldn't help but melt at the adorable sight. He sat down next to her and nudged her awake, "Pip. Wake up sweetie."

Pipers eyes slowly opened and her fave lit up seeing that her Dad had finally came home, "Hey, Dad."

"Why aren't you at the dorms?"

"I wanted to wait for you and see how the date went."

"It went splendid." A closed content smile never left his face.

"Aww, I've never seen you smile like that before, you must have really enjoyed each other."

"Thank you Pip."

"For what?" She asked.

"For encouraging me to let myself be happy again. I cant thank you enough."

"You're my Dad. I want to see you happy, you need to be."

"I know."

"Do you want me to go back to the dorms, then?"

"No, its too late tonight. Come here."
He brought Piper close and they cuddled until they both fell asleep on the couch.

Shota Aizawa felt like the happiest man on earth.

My gift to you! Merry Christmas. Stay safe and healthy and I hope you are all happy on this day!

Tell me what you all got for Christmas in the comments! 😍😍