But enough about the past. Live in the present. I'll explain more later along the way.

I groan and push myself up, my black hair still in a braid on my shoulder like Elsa or Katniss Everdeen. My gear is a bit dirty from the dust and dried blood. It's all black with a hood to cover my face. I have the fabric that usually covers over my mouth down around my neck. There's a hole in the left shoulder of my shirt, exposing my tattoo. I made the hole on purpose so that everyone can see my mark. The mark of the Rogue Queen.

I blink rapidly for a moment to wake myself up

"Well look who's awake," says the rogue in the cell across from me.

He's in one of the rogue groups that follows Thatcher, the Rogue King, in attacking packs for the fun of it. That's what the King's side of the kingdom is, attacking for shits and giggles. Bullshit if you ask me but we don't hate each other.

I'm the only one from the Royals that's locked in here. I was helping Thatcher rescue some of his rogues and mine that were caught by this pack but then we got caught too. Fabulous rescue, I know. This pack is a lot stronger than we thought. We shouldn't have underestimated them.

Thatcher King is in the cell with me and let me say, it's even worse than going to school. He keeps hitting on me, no matter how many times I turn him down, the persistent little bastard. His mate, a beautiful woman named Pearl, was killed by a pack a few months before I met him.

Thatcher's rogue group is called the Rulers. Royals and Rulers. The Royals is a much better name and I've made that thought known to Thatcher quite a few times. Anyway, the Rulers include Thatcher's younger brother Daring, who acts a lot like Killian. Daring's mate Four, the weapons specialist. If you need a weapon or want to know more about it, Four's your guy. Then there's Maximus, or Max as he prefers, and his normally silent mate AJ.

Lastly, the slutty bitch Darcy. She hates me and my Royals because Thatcher's attention is always on me, not her. Like I actually want Thatcher to always be staring at my chest or ass whenever I see him, Darcy can have him.

As much as Thatcher annoys me, it's because of him I've made it this far.

I hear a door open and footsteps coming down the hall, making Thatcher's rogues start howling and jeering. Like most of my rogues, I scoff and roll my eyes but I do sit up to see who it is. The person stops in front of the cell Thatcher and I are in. I don't move at all, seeing it's just one of the guards.

"Aw, what's up Reina?" the guard says. I can hear the pout in his voice and my eyes snap up to meet his when I hear my nickname. It means queen in Spanish. My name is Rei (Rei, Reina, get it?). And I'm the rogue queen. So yeah, it fits pretty well. "Are you not happy to see me?"

The rogues stop shouting and I see them all smirking and hear their laughter. They know who it really is. I get up and stand a few feet behind the bars.