Chapter 1

The day Sakura said goodbye to Sasuke Uchiha before he went out on his redemption journey, something in her had lifted. Did she perhaps have let something go? Whatever it was it felt like weights had lifted off of her shoulder.

Despite the peace treaty between all the villages, the pink haired woman and many other shinobi already returned to train and hone their skills as ninjas. Sakura returned to help out in the hospital as there were still ninjas who needed to recover from the war and her closest friend, Naruto Uzumaki would hold lessons at the ninja academy! Iruka was certainly proud to see his adoptive son follow his footsteps even if it's only for a little while.

Naruto revealed over a brunch time with Sakura one day that he wanted to learn more about his clan's ability and possibly learn jutsu as well but he was bummed out as he thought he wouldn't be able to find any other Uzumaki to teach him. However something clicked in Sakura's head and the first person aside from Naruto that pops up in her head as an Uzumaki was Karin.

"Karin? I didn't know she came from the same clan as me! I should have expected it because of her red hair when I think about it now!" He chuckles at his usual obliviousness.

"I could visit the hideout she is currently in charge of and speak with her" she offered and the blonde's face lit up.

"I would be grateful for that because I don't know which hideout she is in. Thanks a lot Sakura-chan" The Uzumaki would pay the brunch for the both of them as a "thank you" for Sakura to do the errand for him.

She would travel to Orochimaru's hideout that Karin took care of the day after her and Naruto's conversation. When she arrived she would attempt to knock on the entrance door but opened soon after the first knock by Karin herself. Knowing that she is a great sensory shinobi, Sakura wouldn't be surprised if Karin sensed her miles away.

"Hello. What brings you here? Sasuke is not here today" if the redhead had said this maybe a year ago or so, this could easily have been a retort but now the way Karin says it is genuine. It was nice but Sakura doesn't keep tabs on the Uchiha that much except for his safety. He is the last member of his own clan and her teammate after all.

"I wasn't searching for Sasuke. Naruto is requesting if you could teach him the abilities and jutsu of the Uzumaki clan. He never had a relative that could teach him and it would make him really happy if you could spare some time training Naruto" It took a moment for Karin to understand that the shinobi who was considered a god asked for training from her. It's not that she didn't want to but it felt like a sort of an important responsibility.
But the redhead agreed and promised she would arrive in Konoha two days from the encounter which Sakura thanked them deeply for.
On the way back to the hidden leaf, the pink haired ninja was thinking if she should treat the both Uzumaki for some food after their training.

During the two days waiting, Sakura decided and asked Naruto if she could watch the training between him and Karin which the blonde happily allowed.
After Sakura's shift working in the hospital she would make her way to the training grounds where they planned to meet up. The Uzumaki duo had already started when Sakura arrived so she stood by not far from Naruto and Karin to watch them train. Karin as many other teachers has to teach Naruto the basics of their clan's abilities which consists of a lot of sealing techniques. With that Karin made Naruto practice the very basics of sealing jutsu such as the "sealing technique" and "unsealing technique". Of course this was no challenge for him until the later "stages" of the training was to seal his own road summonings which was easy at all. The training held on for about 2 hours till they called it a day.

"You guys did great! Now let me treat you to some food as I promised" Karin not surprisingly enough tried to evade the offer, excusing herself that she had already brought lunch with her but the blonde insisted for her to join them.

"Come on Sakura is paying! We're basically cousins so you should be treated to food too if I get it" Karin sighed and would finally give in.

"Karin hasn't been to Konoha before right? We have to let her try the Ichiraku ramen!!" He was clearly thankful for the training as he wanted to even share his favorite food place with Karin.

They would spend some time at that ramen shop, eating nice noodles and having nice conversations together. Karin at first didn't want to admit how good the ramen was but you could clearly see in her eyes that she was enjoying it which made both Naruto and Sakura happy.

"So where did you and your family immigrate to? My mom came here to the hidden leaf" It was typical of Naruto that he wanted to get to know people. But this made sense as Karin would spend some time now in the future as his teacher.

"Me and my mother lived in a small house outside the hidden grass village. She would die as Kusagakure abused her medical abilities" Salur/ first instinct but was stopped by the sound of Naruto's voice.

"Ah I see... my mother died not long after I was born so I became lonely too" Karin nodded slowly, still having her gaze on her empty ramen bowl.

"I have the same ability as my mother and so I was next in line to be abused for the war" she continues. Sakura figures it must have taken a lot of courage for the redhead to talk about something so personal.

"There is peace now. But even if it wasn't, we wouldn't let the higher ups abuse you the same way" Sakura reassured, actually putting her hand over Karin's.

"That doesn't matter. My role as a support is to heal people. And I'm used to it anyways at this point" despite Karin's retort, she did not move her hand, letting Sakura hold hers.

After the dinner they would all return to their perspective homes. Well Karin slept at a hotel but would return to the hideout early the next day.
When Sakura arrived home and did her usual business, her thoughts wandered to the children who had to experience the aftermath of the war. Looking back at both Karin and even Nagato who had to experience the worst but had very different outcomes on their adulthood. Nagato only sought after pain as an answer. She didn't want any young shinobis having to go through the same thing and so an idea came to her. A clinic providing treatment for children who struggle with mental health from the war.