The Day of Black Sun Part 2

Start from the beginning

It doesn't take long to reach the first outpost. You make sure everyone is covered by the shields as more rocks are fired until the wrestlers, Not-Johnny-Depp and his dad, and Bo and another Earthbender take the outpost down and its catapults with it. Suddenly, they start retreating. You look up and realize why.

"Keep pushing! The eclipse is coming!" you order. The men oblige. It doesn't take long to ascend to the top. "By the end of the eclipse, the Fire Nation will have been defeated and we will have control over the palace!"

"Everyone put on your eclipse glasses, it's starting!" The Mechanist cheers. Everyone except you obliges. You won't need to look at the eclipse, also you never got eclipse glasses.

"Everyone spread out! We need this done before the eclipse is over!" Your group meets another that is ready to fight. "Surrender, or you'll meet your fallen comrades." You order them.

"We'll never surrender!" the guy in front says, before attempting and failing to firebend. Hui Yin glares at him and cracks his knuckles. "Okay, we surrender."

"Good call." You say, shoving past him. You all wait, when the eclipse is finished you find Hakoda. "So... what now?"

"I don't know, but now that the eclipse is over, I'd expect some firebenders at any minute." Then you see the rising blimps of the Fire Nation. Your heart drops, your eyes widen and your jaw nearly unhinges.

"My own invention. Oh this is terrible!" The Mechanist says, on the verge of tears. You are about to say that you can take them when five more show up, difference is: they're as big as a hundred of the smaller ones.

"They're back!" Katara shouts pointing at the incoming Appa

"It was all a trap!" Sokka exclaims. "Azula knew we were coming and she's plotted out every move!" He hops down from Appa. We've just gotta get to the beach as fast as we can. If we can make it to the submarines, maybe we can get away safely." You clench your fist at the mention of her name. She took everything from you, and now this? This is too much. This isn't fair. You want to kill her. Toph's fingers graze your hand with a soothing grace. You feel some form of relief or another at her touch.

"They've got air power," Aang declares, "but so do I. I'm gonna do what I can to slow them down." He says before taking off on his glider.

"Appa, you and I can help too." Katara says, climbing onto the sky bison, "Yip yip!" She flies off.

"Everyone, let's get back on the subs!" Sokka exclaims. He starts leading you all down the volcano. When Katara and Aang are back, the big ones start dropping bombs.

"Oh what the fuck?" You groan. Toph creates a cover out of the cliff and struggles under the force of the explosions. When the bombs stop, they fly past you. "Why aren't they doing a double pass?" Then you see where they're heading. "Shit."

"They're gonna destroy the submarines!" Aang shouts.

"How are we all gonna escape?" Sokka asks, weakly.

"We're not." Hakoda replies, Shuku is carrying him.

"Then our only choice is to stand and fight." Sokka says, "We have the Avatar, we could still win!"

"Yes, with the Avatar we could still win, on another day." Hakoda says, "You kids have to leave. You have to escape on Appa together."

"What? We can't leave you behind!" Katara exclaims. "We won't leave anyone behind."

"You're our only chance in the long run." Hakoda says, "You and Sokka have to go with Aang somewhere safe, it's the only way to keep hope alive."

"They'll kill Shuku!"

Shuku swallows dryly, "If they do, tell my children that their father was a hero." He hands you a picture of his family. "You should take the other kids in the group, they shouldn't have to experience prison."

Long-haired Tony Stark's dad puts a hand on Shuku's shoulder. "I've been in a fire nation prison. It'll be tough, but we'll survive."

Toph helps Teo onto Appa and Bo and Hui Yin smile. "We'll be fine, worse things have happened to me than jail." Bo says.

"Be safe, we meet again soon. I better not get bad report from Mrs. L/N." Hui warns.

You chuckle and hug them both. "I'll miss you both."

"We miss you too." Hui responds.

"Now kick some ass for us all." Bo says, smiling.

"Language." You say, climbing on top of Appa. "It was great to work with you! You are all heroes of the people! Each and every one of you have proven to me that it doesn't matter who you are, if you have the will to live and hope. Hold onto this fire I saw today, and when you get out, we will overthrow these heathens!" Whoops and cheers follow as you sit down next to Toph. "I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you're okay. You must be one hell of a leader."

"Well everyone seems to think I'm batshit insane, so that helps."

"You have a style of leading that's unpredictable, like-- why were you and Hui in front?" Teo asks.

"It was a suggestion that worked out." You admit.

Toph hits you on the shoulder, "You were the frontline? Were you trying to get killed?"

"Not necessarily."

"But that is pretty badass."

"Well something good came out of it." She shakes her head before pulling you into a kiss.

"Just don't do something stupid like that again, okay?"

"Fine."

With that, you fly away. Aang says, "I know just the place for us to go where we'll be safe for a while. The Western Air Temple." You sense someone following the group with good intentions, so you decide not to look back, taking Toph's hand and closing your eyes. You just want everything to be okay.