Chapter 49 Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much oh my god.."

Mani issued a small wink as I wipe away the tears accepting Fallon's small hug against my side with a gentle peck upon her cheek sitting in the moment before placing it down beside me

"We love you Camila.. a lot.. your life has been pretty shitty up until now and we just wanted you to know that you're our family.. and we're yours.."

Fallon spoke unexpectedly while Lauren and Mani both mouthed 'yeah' and nodded in retaliation leaving me wiping another tear as I glance up at the ceiling not expecting to be in tears so early in the morning.. they were good tears however.. happy tears

"I love you all so much! Thanks.. seriously.. now can we move on before I have an actual breakdown?"

I laughed causing Lauren to nod excitedly as she reached to grab for another gift this time squealing out as she noticed it to be for herself, her eyes glancing up at mani as if for approval before ripping into it after receiving the nod.. it was cute..

She quickly pulled out a pair of fluffy socks that almost immediately made ways onto her feet with a giddy smile as she launched forwards to embrace the black haired woman with a boundless amount of thank yous, her pure enjoyment making evident to me what this whole Christmas bullshit was really about.. it wasn't the gifts.. it wasn't even the pretty lights.. it was belonging so where...

"Ok I have one for Fallon.. Lauren's grandma wrapped it for me but here.."

I reached down beside me pulling out a large box that her eyes lit up at, her slender fingers flying over the paper with a wide happy smile, my stomach tangled hoping she'd like it as I wasn't exactly sure how this was supposed to go.. she tore open the paper gasping back at the brand that left the other girls slightly confused before side eyeing me with a suspicious nod, her fingers lifting the top screeching gently as she pulled out a pair of familiar heels..

"No! Fucking! Way! Are these?"

"The heels you were taking about in my office.. you said you really liked them so.."

She dropped them back down into the box before leaning over to pull me in for a tight squeeze.. a positive sign I guess as she flew back to admire their glossy shine, the constant stare funny almost as only a few weeks previous she'd bragged about stalking mine and Dinah's closets.. she'd found them somehow and hadn't stopped going on about them since..

"I love them! Oh my god? You really didn't have to do that?"

"Anything to stop you going on.."

I lightly mocked watching her eyes playfully roll as Lauren sank back giggling against the tv stand reaching in for another present that was handed over towards mani, we continued the five and take for a while simmering down to the last few boxes under the tree before Fallon began to fall uneasy.. the slight shaking of her thigh beside me only evident as it disrupt the previous still.. neither other girl had noticed however but I had.. I just so happened to glance beside me noticing a small gift wrapped box sat tucked between the couch cushions..

"Ok Camila you have one more gift for Lauren right?"

I nod quickly falling out of my suspicious trance before grabbing for a large gift bag in front of me, my waving head motioning Lauren to come and sit on the coffee table in front of my lap, her child like joy filled eyes oozing excitement as I myself reached into the bag littered with a few final presents

"Ok so this one you need to open first"

I spoke handing over a large gift that sat neatly in her lap, her ivory fingertips slashing the thin paper to reveal a large blank sketch book with her name in bold gold across the front, her lips fell parted with a gentle but happy gasp as she flipped through the blank pages