The Iliad

Author's Note: Big chapter for all you amazing readers, over 2700 words.

Keep those suggestions rolling in, I'm always game to try out a new idea for my stories.

Enough talk. Happy reading!

A warning tone pulled Seth away from Knight's kukri, his Quinnjet bearing just over the carrier. He knew that their radar systems would likely be shut down, letting him safely prepare his equipment.

"Johnson," A familiar voice floated through comms.

"Hmm?"

"There's something you need to see."

Seth's tablet displayed something out of his worst nightmares: The identities of each and every S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Chimaera included.

"Who did this, Skye," Seth asked.

"Uh," A brief moment of keyboard clicking followed, "Agent Romanoff."

"Dammit, Nat," Seth muttered.

"One more thing," Skye continued, "When are you gonna be back because Simmons is seriously starting to lose it."

"Skye."

"Seriously, Johnson. She's starting to freak."

"Just take care of her, okay," Seth asked, loading a magazine into his bullpup rifle.

"Does that make me Ginny, then," Seth could hear Skye's smile, "Seeing as she's Hermione to you."

"Oh, good God."

"I don't think you're Ron or Harry, though," She continued, "Maybe...Sirius."

"Are you calling me old?"

"Sirius could turn into a dog, you're callsign is a mythical creature...I think it works."

"I think you thought about this too much," Seth charged his rifle.

A slight silence followed.

"Take care of her, though, seriously," Seth said.

"You talk like you're not coming back."

"Promise me, Skye."

"Johnson?"