02.

Krist's home was anything but organized for the past year that he's been a widow. His late wife, bless her soul, was taken far too early from them because of cancer. They have stuck together through such hard times and their kids have been their constant support throughout her treatments and surgeries.

It was a long battle but unfortunately, they lost. He remembered that day like it was just yesterday.

Flashback

Tears were pouring down Krist's face as he held and kissed her hand. She was unconscious when the doctors brought her back from her surgery and he waited for her to wake up. Minutes turned to hours but he never released her hand from his hold. He talked to her about anything just to pass time.

A few more hours went by, he dozed off a bit until he felt her fingers move. Sitting back up, he watched as she slowly opened her eyes and inhaled deeply. She looked around, adjusting to her surroundings and her eyes met his.

She smiled. "Kit."

Krist smiled and fresh tears started falling down his cheeks. "I'm here." he kissed her hand and moved a stray hair out of her eyes.

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

There was a temporary silence that filled the room. She held his hand tightly and smiled at him. "I'm sorry." was all she could say.

"Why are you apologizing?" Tears were falling down her cheeks but she was smiling. All he could do was worry why his wife was apologizing out of the blue. 

"I'm sorry Kit." she smiled as she pulled him closer and hugged him. "I was out for so long because I was walking along a long road. I begged them to take me back even for just a while to say goodbye."

He pulled away from her embrace, trying to find any hint of mischief or prank from her.

He found none.

"What are you talking about? You're here right? You're not going anywhere." He held on to her shoulders firmly. More tears falling from his eyes.

"You can't just leave me and the kids ALONE!" He shouted the last words as his wife held on to his face, looking back at her.

"You won't be alone Kit," she said. "Promise me that when I'm gone..."

"No..."

"Shh..." she cut him off before he can say more. "I'm running out of time so let me finish."

He was still for a while until he gave a small nod. She smiled as she caressed his face, trying to memorize his features before she closes her eyes one last time.

"You won't be alone." She repeated. "Because I saw that there will be someone who will fill in the space that I've left behind. I don't know who they are because I was only shown a blurred vision of it. Seeing you and the kids happy with them is more than I could ask for as my last wish. So promise me that you'll continue living, making music, and be there for our kids as a strong figure to look up to. Live for me Kit and I will always wish for you and our kids' happiness."

They hugged one last time until he felt her hand go limp with a barely whispered goodbye.

End of flashback

"Earth to Krist!" Alice threw a stuffed animal to his face.

Caught off guard, he woke up from his trance as he sheepishly smiled at his manager/former co-artist and friend. "Sorry P. I was just thinking about some things."

Alice sighed as she knows what the other man was thinking. "Krist it's been a year already. You have to move on and move forward with your life. Think of your kids and your career." she walked closer to him and placed a firm hand on his shoulder. "I fought tooth and nail to give you a year off to mourn your wife's passing and the year is up and we need to get you back on your feet and get your name back on the charts."