Would have, Should have, Could have

Začít od začátku

Jeongin can't help but let out a wry chuckle at how he felt the embarrassment of that situation.

Jeongin did the same thing last week when that neighbor arrived.

The funny thing is, it may be intentional or not, that the neighbor and he seemed to share the habit of checking each other out through the windows for the last following days and is still making the same reflexes of hiding when they made eye contact.

Oh well.

It's a quiet and common life, nothing much happens, he'd want to go out of the town soon and be on his own, yet he can't leave his mom alone.

Days went by normally, with him practicing his piece for the recital, piano echoing through the night, it's fortunate that the neighbors aren't bothered by the sounds and rather, praised Jeongin for his talent, although his room is soundproofed, you really can't contain music coming from his bedroom.

And the rest of the days, he just enjoys the summer vacation.

Nothing too hectic, everything is fine.

Normal.

Boring.

One proper day, his mom yelled for him downstairs which is something out of the ordinary, It seemed urgent, judging by her tone.

Jeongin went down in a flash, wearing a white shirt and casual shorts. He was met by a grinning face as familiar as it can be at the back of his head, the man, doing a little wave welcoming him at the sight. His mom was just as excited.

Ah...of course.

"Hey. Innie."

The excitement upon the older's surprisingly deep voice rang through the kitchen. Jeongin thought cool. He doesn't have that deep of a speaking voice normally back then.

"Hi," Jeongin said politely, bowing formally, and raising his pitch a bit for a little enthusiasm.

"Uhmm, who are you?"

The kitchen dropped into silence.

Jeongin asked, tilting his head into the side as his mom pulled a shocked face as she laid down some of the cookies in a saucer to the table from a container that seemingly comes from abroad brought by this stranger due to the written words he can't understand. It looked delectable. the older fumbled through the cookies shyly.

Jisung flinched, looking to his sides and down, smiling looking all embarrassed, then rocking back and forth, clearly thinking how his childhood friend couldn't have known him.

Jeongin finds it cute.

Jisung still can't stay still when teased. They've been checking each other out for days now though. He does remember hum, silly.

"Baby, that's Han Jisung. Remember, your friend? Both of you were inseparable when you were young." His mom exclaimed.

"I know, mom, I was just teasing him." Jeongin smiled at Jisung, proud of himself.

Jisung gaped his mouth open with a how-dare-he as it dawned on him, Jeongin broking down to laughter and hurriedly gave Jisung a soft tackle as he sat beside him at the kitchen bar.

"Jisung told me he'll be at Helle University this coming period, from now on. You should help him get around, darling.''

"Alright.'' Jeongin bit on a cookie and let it hang on his mouth as he grabbed a drink. It's sweet. the cookies.

"Jisung's mom also called me, to check up on him, I'm glad you dropped by, hun.''

"No, no, no, thank you so much a
Aunt, I'll be in your care.'' Jisung was all flustered and bowed as Jeongin's mom went to pinch his cheeks.