Gone

Sorry everyone for the long wait...I honestly came back because I read your comments <3 Life literally has so many unexpected changes that I forgot that I had this story on here (I even forgot about this account)! BUT your comments brought me back :)! I had to spend some time remembering how I wanted this story to go and reading it again is making me regret that I did not add more details!!!! LIKE COME ON. THE SCHOOL ARC? I RUSHED THAT WAY TOO FAST. Anyway, I'm back :)! Let me know your thoughts as always! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. "What do you mean that Dimitri is gone?" I asked staring into Damon's cold black eyes.

"You know, Dimitri has been walking this earth for so long that I just thought it would be good to let him take a nap. He really did not want to, but I can be very very convincing." Damon smirked and I felt goosebumps on my skin. Damon is terrifying. I could picture Dimitri being trapped just screaming to escape.

I nodded my head and said "Uh-huh. So out of curiosity, how long is said nap?"

He just stared at me with soulless eyes, not moving, just staring. I tilted my head slightly and stared back. He swiftly broke the distance between us till his face was inches from mine. He smelled like Dimitri, he looked like Dimitri, but his eyes were not Dimitri's. He reached out his hand and caressed my cheek and all I could do was try not to lean into his hand. It was Dimitri's hand touching me.

Damon's fingers slipped from my cheek and traced my jawline. I felt a shiver run down my spine and I wanted to cry. My body was betraying me. I saw the side of his lips twitch...Dimitri's lips. Fuck.

"You bastard." I whispered and he began laughing.

"I've been called worse but never from someone so sweet." He crashed his lips into mine with such urgency and desire that I was frozen. I tried pushing him away but nothing worked. He was too damn strong. My body could taste Dimitri but my mind knew it wasn't. Before I had hoped he would come back but now I feel he is lost.

I let my body stiffen and he pulled back snarling. "I don't want to kiss a corpse. Kiss me back." He demanded his voice raising.

"No." I responded quietly looking him in the eyes.

He stepped back and smiled. What a terrifying smile. "Are you sure? I can easily snap your neck in half."

"Do it." I smiled back at him. He couldn't. He started laughing.

"Damn you are smart. You will love me Siri. Trust me." He answered and stared at me.

"You sound very confident, but I am telling you it won't happen." I was gaining confidence. Screw this. What makes him think that I will just bow down to the great Damon. I will figure this out.

"I am confident, but I am telling you it will happen. I'm going to give you some space because right now my sexual needs have been fulfilled but I still must fulfill one more thing. Do you know what that is, Siri?" I shivered as I thought back to what Dimitri had said. He craves violence and sex.

"Oh Siri, you know how dangerous I am, don't you. I'll be back." Damon turned and started walking toward the door.

"Wait." I whispered. He didn't turn around. He just stood still with his muscular back facing me.

"Promise me that you will not hurt anyone who is innocent." I thought back to my mother's words when I was younger after my parents had made a bad investment. Never make a deal with the devil. It was quiet and time felt as if it was passing slowly. I could feel my heart beating faster as I stared at Damon's back.

"That is no fun. I want to enjoy myself and shower myself in blood." He paused and my heart was beating faster. He continued "What is your proposition?" His voice was monotone and lacked any emotion. I shivered.

"I will kiss you back." I hoped that this was enough. I was surprised at the sound of laughter coming from him. He turned around and had such an angelic smile on his face.

"You ask me not to kill the innocent, something that fuels my veins and in return, you offer a kiss. You understand I am a demon, yes?" He asked mockingly. I nodded. He smiled a smile so gentle it reminded me of Dimitri.

"I'm crazy enough that I will take it." He answered. Faster than my eyes can move he left. I fell to the ground with tears streaming down my face with laughter escaping from my lips. I won. I know Dimitri will get out of this. He did it before and I don't care what Damon says. Dimitri is strong enough to come out again. I will wait till then and keep this monster from hurting more people.

I got up to take a shower. I let the water run down my body as I thought about all that has happened in these past few days. I feel like it has been years since I found out Dimitri is gone. I washed my hair and my body. I hopped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I went to my closet and just stared. What should I even wear? Why am I even going to school? I screamed as loud as possible at the stupidity of it all. I grabbed my black sweater dress and got dressed. I wore my black flats and grabbed my bag before I headed downstairs. Mom's still out so that is great. I grabbed the Reese's cereal and poured a bunch into the bowl. I added milk and sat on the kitchen chair eating my cereal. I checked my phone and I had a text message from Nate. OH MY GOD NATE. My heart fluttered at the thought of angelic Nate. How did I get so lucky to have him? I smiled as I read his text.

"Morning beautiful. When can I see you? I miss you so much. Can we go on our date tonight?" Nate is literally the only guy I know that writes paragraphs as texts.

"YES PLEASE!!!!!!" I responded. My smile quickly fell away as I remembered Damon and his violence. I need to keep Nate away, but I don't want to. He makes me happy and I need happiness as I deal with that demon. I want to be selfish, but I will keep Nate safe. I heard a loud honk outside that quickly pulled me out of my thoughts. I quickly rinsed my bowl and spoon and placed them in the dishwasher. I rushed outside to see Andrea in her car waiting for me. She pressed the horn a few times.

"Yes, girl I got it. Chill" I said as I hopped into the passenger seat of her car. She smiled at me and turned down the radio.

"I've been out here honking like a manic for hours. How are you feeling?" She asked as she drove.

"Uh, what?" Oh yeah, last night. "Yes, definitely feeling better but I was in the bathroom all night. You dodged a bullet." I responded with a straight face and she burst out laughing.

"You are so gross. I'm telling Nate." She responded while laughing.

"Don't you dare. He will never take me to a movie theatre ever." I replied laughing which made her laugh even harder. I stared at my best friend and realized I have not really checked in with her in so long.

"How are you doing?" I asked her. She smiled her big smile that let me know the world will never get to her.

"I'm fantastic! I still can't believe you are dating my brother though. Who would've thought that would ever happen?" She answered and shook her head.

"Yeah, it's funny how unexpected life becomes." I sigh remembering the events of last night. How can I go from being so happy to being thrust into hell? How the hell am I going to get out of this?