Sexism

It had been a week sense you were sent up in the box, and you had grown close to most the gladers. Newt, Ben, Winston, Alby, and Frypan were like your big brothers and Minho was your best friend. When he wasn't in the maze, you two were inseparable.

You would constantly have 'sass battles' as Newt called them. Where you would send sarcastic remarks and playful insults back and forth. They would always end in a stare down between the two of you. The gladers would bet on who would win.

Gally still hated you. him and his 'followers' taunted you with sexist comments which pissed you off to no end. Which was what got you into the situation you are in now.

You were sitting with Minho to your right, Newt to your left and Ben and Frypan across from you trying to eat dinner. Trying being the key word because your hands were in fists so tight your knuckles were white. You had a permanent glare plastered on your face and the boys were worried.

"(Y/n) your starting to scare us with that look" Newt said. you directed your glare to him and he shrunk in his seat because let's face it, your glare was frightening.

"Your going to burn a hole in the table staring like that, sis" Ben chuckled trying to make you smile. It didn't work. Most of the glade started calling you 'sis' seeing as your a little/big sister figure to all of them.

"What's up" Minho asked worried "did I miss something?"

"Yes" you grumbled "Gallys goons were being sexist asses!" You practically shouted

"They keep saying she was worthless and shouldn't be here" Newt explained "keep insulting her, one even called her a bitch, but Gally isn't saying anything, I think he knows not to mess with her, at least not where she can hear"

Minho looked very angry at this

"Just ignore them (y/n)" Frypan tried to tell her

"How can I Fry? I want to punch their shuck faces in!"

Newt rubbed circles on your back and you relaxed a little

"As amazing as that would be, it wouldn't be worth throwing you in the slammer love"

"He's right (y/n)" Minho said and the others nodded their heads in agreement

"Don't listen to the slintheads, your better than all of them" Minho told you, pulling you into a side hug

"Thanks Min" you smiled and started eating

You all say there, chatting and having a good time, that is until a loud voice interrupted their conversation.

"I don't know what the creators were thinking, sending up a girl" surprise, it was one of Gallys friends

"I mean, we all know they're weak, it's not like they can help"

You slammed your hands on the table and stood up "you know what!" But before you could walk over to him Newt and Minho pulled you back down.

"Calm down" Minho whispered

"Just ignore them sis" Ben said

You tried to go back to eating but whoever it was, you didn't know his name, had other ideas.

"See she can't even put up a fight" he sneered, looking at you

"I don't need to take this" you said standing up and heading for the door

"I knew you were weak" he taunted further "can't even take insults. You gonna cry girly" Gally put his hand on the guys shoulder and said "I wouldn't if I were you" which surprised you, but you were to mad to care.

"I am not weak!" You shouted and the whole glade was silent

"I beg to differ, your just a scared little girl who has no idea what she's doing" he pushed you further

"That's enough Blake!" You heard Minho shout. So Blake was his name. "I won't hesitate to put your ass in the slammer!" Alby said

"Why" he questioned "you all know I'm right, don't defend the weakling"

That was the last straw for you. You marched up to Blake and punched him in the nose, Hard. You could here the noise across the whole glade.

"How's that for weak you sexist basterd!" You shouted in his face and turned for the door

"You little bitch!" He shouted, holding his probably broken nose.

You turned to him, put your middle finger up at him and ran to the deadheads.

When you were far enough into the woods, you climbed a tree and sat on a large branch and started to cry.

You heard footsteps crashing through the woods and heard

"(Y/N)! (Y/N) where are you!!" It was Minho.

"Go away!" You said "I don't want you seeing me like this!" He stopped at the bottom of the tree.

"I'm not going anywhere until you come down" he said stubbornly

You sighed knowing he meant it and climbed down. When you were on the ground he pulled you into a hug and sat against the tree.

"It's ok" he said brushing his hand through your hair "you broke the shanks nose" he laughed

You looked at him, your eyes still full of tears threatening to fall. He wiped them away "Alby said you were provoked enough that you didn't need to get punished" you smiled a little at this

"(Y/n)! Minho!"

"Were over here Newt!" Minho shouted back, standing and helping you to your feet. Newt crashed through the trees and stood next to you.

"You ok love" he said "looks like you've been crying"

"I'm ok Newt" you reassured him and he pulled you into a side hug

"Nice punch by the way" he said and you laughed "I tried" you told him and him and Minho chuckled.

Ben and Frypan came into view and you exclaimed "what is this, a party!"

"You had us worried there girly" Frypan said

"Worried?" You asked. Why were they worried

"That was the first time you ever lost your temper, and you ran out nearly crying" Newt said, still holding you in a side hug.

"Yah sis, you scared us" Ben told you.

"I'm fine guys, really" you told them "let's stay here for a while, I don't want to go back yet"

You all sat down, talking and laughing until it was well after dark.

"And then I said-" "sshhhh" Minho interrupted Bens story pointing to you, who had fallen asleep on his shoulder

"She's asleep" he said and they were all silent

"We should take her back" Newt said "I got her" Minho whispered trying not to wake you, and carefully picked you up bridal style. He flinched when you started to move, but you fell right back asleep.

They walked back to the glade and said goodnight as Minho carried you to your sleeping bag. He set you in your sleeping bag, carful not to wake you.

"Goodnight (y/n)" he whispered and kissed you on the forehead

And left before seeing you smiling in your sleep