"I.... I don't know."

"Come with me, then."

I didn't object as I followed Draco through the castle. He was conscious about walking slower than usual, for his stride was easily twice that of mine. For every step he took, I had to take two. I did not consider myself a short person, but compared to Draco, I was practically a chihuahua. And as I walked with him, I did feel a bit like a dog; if the dog had an owner who was an infamous, handsome prince. After a while I learned it was easier to keep my gaze at the floor. But I could still feel people staring.

I was alarmed to feel a cold hand brush against mine, and I realized that it was Draco attempting to hold my hand. I shied away from it, embarrassed.

I heard Draco scoff. "Let me hold your hand, would you?" he said in a low voice. "You look like my prisoner, with your head down like that."

Draco's left hand found my right; determinedly encapsulating my palm with his long fingers. I straightened my back and lifted my head. It was shocking how that one point of contact made me feel infinitely more confident, safe, and powerful- for now when people stared at us in the halls, they weren't looking at Draco and Erica; they were looking at us together, as a whole nother entity.

Draco Malfoy and his Healer.

Draco brought me to the Astronomy Tower, where we were the only people there. It was empty because it was a freezing cold day. Brisk air was coming in through the wide, circular balcony, making me glad that I was wearing a scarf. When Draco and I breathed, puffs of warm air were clearly visible before they disappeared.

I broke away from Draco's grip to breathe warm air into my hands. He laughed, cocking an eyebrow.

"You seemed to want to hold my hand quite a bit at Malfoy Manor," he said, amused.

"That was because I thought I was going to die," I retorted, stuffing my hands into the warmth of my cloak. "Here, it just feels... exhibitionist."

"I like to show off what's mine," Draco said matter-of-factly. "You'll have to get used to it."

I wanted to slug him in the arm, but I was too cold to do anything but glare at him accusingly. "I hope you aren't expecting me to turn into some kind of floozy, flouting our public displays of affection all about the castle. Because what occurred in the Great Hall was a one-off occurrence. That's just not me."

Draco stiffened his shoulders, becoming more business-like in countenance. "Alright," he said sternly, but with that undertone of sarcasm he always had, "Do you mind preparing a list of acts that are permitted?"

I was surprised to hear him actually ask- I assumed Draco would do as he always did, which was whatever he wanted. I considered my conditions for a moment.

"I'm fine with hand holding," I said decisively. "But hugs are just.... No. No hugs unless we're in private. And absolutely no kisses," I added, shuddering at the thought of turning into one of those couples that obstructed the way by snogging in the middle of the corridor.

Draco stepped closer. I could see the grey in his eyes. "No kissing whatsoever?" he challenged.

I blushed as he took my face in his hands. "No. It's unseemly. Especially for someone as proper as you."

Draco smiled, and my heart fluttered. "Proper men can still kiss." And to cement his point, he placed his cold lips upon mine. I opened my mouth to eagerly take in his warmth. He held my face firmly in his hands as our tongues met, and every inch of my body flushed with heat. I don't know why I blushed- the only things that could see us here were the birds flying past the Astronomy Tower window.