Chapter 13: Exploration Time!

*Projectiles flying through the air*

I found a ladder on the back of the ship, climed on it and was I now on the Valkyrie.

Aria: This... is my ship...

I looked to the left, where the Siren fleet was coming from to see that they were actually getting closer while firing at us. The secondary batteries that looked like mortars, finally started aiming at the enemy. The Sirens were finally in range.

"How many secondaries does it have?" Because when they fired, our ears nearly got blown out and a huge salvo of mortar shells with red trails came flying out of the guns and at the enemies with a big arc.

I counted 17 mortar shells before they hit the enemy and all of the Siren ships detonated.

Laffey: No way!

Aria: *Laughs* This thing is over-powered! ...Anyway!

I hear the other girls climbing up the ladder.

Laffey: This thing is massive! *Gets up*

Aria: Yeah! Now that I see this in full-size, it's way bigger!

Javelin: Haven't you seen your ship before?

Aria: I have seen it at the docks when I die, but it was way smaller than this...

The girls looked at eachother when I said that.

Aria: Let's explore this shit!

The girls nodded and followed me in through a door. In the room was a TV on the left side, a medium sized wooden table and a couch behind it, looking at the TV. There was a light on the ceiling. (Not that you needed to know that.)

Aria: What... is this a cruise ship or a warship?

Laffey: So, cozy.... *Walks towards the couch and faceplants on it*

Aria: .... I was expecting nuclear weapons in here!

Girls: ???

Aria: This is a warship! What warship doesn't have nukes on board?

Yukikaze: Just about all of them.

Aria: .... Really? Wait! Maybe we'll see some nukes in the storage.

Shigure: The.... storage?

Yuudachi: She means the magazine!

Aria: Yeah! Alright, let's go!

*Shell splitting the air*

Aria: How many more enemies are there?

Unicorn: I'll just go and see. *Leaves the room*

*A shell splitting the air. BOOM*

*Door opens*

Unicorn: Just 3.

Aria: Ok. I'm going to the storage!

Yuudachi: Magazine!

I left through the door on the other side of the room, while the girls were looking around the room for practically no reason.

I closed the door and looked down the dark hallway. I took the first step and the lights turned on. "Automatic lights? Nice!" Then I saw a staircase down the hallway on the left side. The hallway was 3 meters wide and the staircase was 1 meter wide. The left staircase was for the lower floor and the right one was for the upper floor.

"Usually, the storage for shells is on the bottom floor below the waterline." So I took the left staircase and went 1 floor down. In front of me was another staircase like the one above. The left side went down, but there were no staircase on the right side.

I went down on the next floor and there were no more stairs for the lower floors meaning, this is the bottom floor. Now I was met with two doors on either side of the corridor. The left one had a sign on it saying "Storage" and the right one a sign saying "Ammo Magazine".

Aria: So, which one was it? I think that the Storage is for storing the shells. *Opens the storage door* Wha...? It's empty? *Closes the door and opens the magazine door* And there is so much ammunition in here! .... *Closes the door and looks at the sign* Why is it called "Magazine"?

Aria: Anyway! Doesn't look like there are any nukes in there. (She didn't even notice them standing right next to the door)

I turned towards the stairs I came down from and passed them when I saw a door with a sign saying "Engine room". It was located on the bottom floor all the way at the back of the ship.

I walked towards the door and opened it. I was met with a ginormous engine block with 16 massive cylinders sticking out of it.

Aria: Is this really what a ship engine looks like? Looks like a car engine... without the top... so the cylinders are exposed... Yeah, if this room starts flooding, the engine is in danger.

I left the room and headed up the same stairs I took on the way down.

* * * Back in the first room * * *

I open the door and see that all the girls are still there.

Aria: *Sigh* Doesn't look like there are any nukes.

Yukikaze: Good! Now you can't blow up the world.

Aria: Guess not!

Javelin: I'm pretty sure Mutsuki's team is dead by now.

Aria: Probably... Let's move this ship!

I headed out of the same door I had taken a few seconds ago and went up the stairs. And there was another long corridor. At the end of the corridor was a staircase going one floor up. At the top of the staircase was the bridge.

Aria: What's this?

I came a little closer and was surprised. There was a lever to change the speed of the ship, "Full Throttle", "3/4", "1/2", "1/4", "Stop" and "Full Reverse", just like in World of Warships... but the strange thing was the wheel that is used to steer the ship... there were two square buttons next to it. One on either side. On the left was an "A", on the right was a "D".

Aria: So... these buttons are used to steer and the lever is to change speed? It's like a keyboard! Epic!

I then pressed a round button with "Start / Stop" on it, which started the engines. A display turned on showing the HP of the ship, the current speed, which way the rudder was facing and where all of the guns were facing. I also realized that my HP in the bottom-right corner of my vision has changed into the ship HP.

I then pushed the speed lever to full throttle, the ship shook a little and started accelerating crazy fast.

Yuudachi: Woah, that's fast!

Aria: He he, that's the Valkyrie for you!

*Ship speeds off at 50 kts towards the destination*

---

Shoutout: And don't forget to subscribe to my good friend Imperse on YouTube.