Author's Goodbye

Hi ColdClan fans -- the one's of you that are still around!

As many of you know, I haven't updated this work since 2020. I'm really sorry about this. I can only apologise for my inactivity.

I'm on here to disappoint you even more. Unfortunately, I just have not got the time to finish the ColdClan series. I love it with all my heart, but I started it back in 2015, so you have to understand, a lot has changed since then! That's 8 years ago now, which sounds crazy to think about. Back then, I was still a kid really. I had the time and the mental energy to write. But, as I'm sure is the way with a lot of people, real life has hit me hard. ColdClan feels like a lifetime ago.

I know a lot of you will be upset by this, as I am getting comments even in 2023 asking for me to finish the work. I am really sorry to let you down.

I'd like to reveal the murderer for all those who want to know. As I'm older now, I don't like the ending -- it doesn't make sense. But young Bee thought it was the best thing in the world. So, anyway, here it is:

I planned on Trek having a twin sister who he was separated from at birth. Whilst they both grew up as street cats, Trek's sister chose a dark path, and became a trained assassin. Her name was Medea, and she was "paid" by Coldfrost to kill the people Skyleap and Sunstorm loved best after they killed his partner in the previous book. Below is what I had on my storyboard, for a bit more info.

_______________________________________________________

"Sunstorm speaks to Trek at night after getting Fishpaw to help her distract the guards. Trek promises that it isn't him who is the murderer, and that she has to save them from their fate. He explains about his sister, who was a killer for hire. He doesn't know if it could be her but it is possible, and so asks Sunstorm to investigate.

Skyleap is convinced by Sunstorm to protect her as they search for the so-called Medea. They try and set a trap but no cat arrives. Just as they're giving up hope, they find Spidertail in the woods alone. He tells them he is checking the borders now the murderer has been imprisoned, but Sunstorm believes he is acting strangely. The next night, they follow him into the woods, where he meets with a cat that looks just like Trek -- Medea. Medea and Spidertail's meeting is heated. She is saying that they only have one cat left to kill to get to where they want to be. Spidertail tells Medea that Sun/Sky are getting suspicious of him, and reminds her that everything he has done has been for Sunstorm. He says he wants out, and Medea reminds him how Sunstorm will need him more than ever with the final kill.

Medea admits that the "fox-brained" Coldfrost was involved too and "had to die" because he wouldn't let Medea get her way in the end.Medea also suggests that Spidertail should encourage the deaths of the Scraps cats to make them think its all over and relax, making it easier for her. When the two cats leave, Sunstorm almost falls out of the tree in shock/crying. They try and make sense of what they've heard. Spidertail covered the scent of Medea with his own. He was in love with Sunstorm."

_______________________________________________________

And that's as far as I got!

The sad thing is, I had planned ColdClan to be a massive series. I'd built such good stories with these characters that I never wanted to leave them. I planned on having a third book in the series following Skyleap and Sunstorm, where they figure out how to be accepted back into StarClan (if you remember, they were locked out!)

I also planned on having four works based on Skyleap's kits. These were going to be called The Misgivings of Batflight, The Courage of Antblaze, The Heart of Mothwatcher, and The Wanderings of Icebreeze. I'm disappointed I can't explore their stories. They had a lot of potential.

I hope you know how sorry I am for ending the journey here. I want to write again, I really do. But I don't have the time nor the energy, and if I were to do so, I'd like it to be something I created, not building off someone else's idea.

Please know I will always love this series. I appreciate the support I still get for it. I hope you will go in your journey taking with you the bravery and stoic nature of Skyleap, and the softness of Sunstorm.

- Bee