Chapter 3

Draco 

There is a lot changed in the wizarding world as of today as I recall. I can say that during the seventh year which was not a learning period, I was only inquisitive about why I was even doing half the things which I was doing.

There were gaps in my memories and some were coming back to me, I didn't know what was happening around me, what was wrong with me? I was always questioning whether I even believed that pure-bloods are superior to muggle-borns, I was not even calling them mud-blood anymore.

I was cross-questioning my father again and again which got me into trouble with my father and my aunt, my mother was a silent spectator. Snape was different yet again and Hogwarts was not at all good, there were times when I just wanted to leave Hogwarts and when the chosen one and his friends decided to land on my manor at a crucial time I was petrified and had to lie to their faces, people who know legitimacy, I had to lie to them. When they found out that I'd lied to them they made my life a living hell.

When the war occurred and I didn't join their side, I just couldn't make myself do that. When they announced that Harry was dead, I felt like I had died that time, as Harry got up and faced Voldemort, I was done calling that lunatic the Dark Lord, I was so relieved to see him alive again, there was something in my heart which was alive again it felt as if that was me who had been reborn not him, I still can't understand why was I feeling like that, he just proved why everyone should feel respect towards him by killing Voldemort and saving the whole of wizarding world.

After that, my life has just been inside my manor under 24/7 surveillance by the Aurors of the wizarding world. Me and my mother are not allowed to leave the manor or use any kind of magic, thank merlin for house elves but they are also not allowed to help us if we order them to take us outside of our manor or anything which might classify as we want to rebel against the system.

My father is in Azkaban, he will not even get a trial because his known participation as a death eater had been very clear at the end of the war.

The days are just passing by and I don't have anything better to do other than think about all of my actions leading towards the war and my father's beliefs which have been royally crushed now that his lord has finally died. Thinking about the war just brings up bad and sad memories which I so wish I could forget about but that can't happen till we finally get our trials done, of which also I have so little hope because who will come in support of me and my mother when we have treated everyone who we thought were below us with such insolent behaviour not even thinking some of them as humans. We didn't harm anyone of them but we have let it happen in our roof and the loathing that the people have for my father and me will surely get us nowhere other than Azkaban.

My mother has been a quiet soul since the war ended and my father had been taken to Azkaban. She mostly keeps to herself which leaves me all alone in this huge manor with memories of when Voldemort was here and sometimes it still makes me shiver and feel that he is still lurking around the shadows and will come back, but then I think about the brighter side of this all and make myself forget about all the dark things it's been thinking about.

I had come into my inheritance on my 18th birthday and I had to go for my inheritance test but the Aurors didn't let me so today when I got up in the middle of the night and was feeling pain and longing, a need to comfort someone I just knew, that's my mate and they have had their 18th birthday today and there's only one person I know who has his 18 birthday today and everyone knows who that is, any guesses?

You guessed it right, it's Harry Potter. If he is my mate, about which I'm 90% sure then I don't know what I will do because I don't think so he likes me (I'm bloody sure he hates me) and we have a trial soon anyways I don't have any hope. I feel like my mate will just reject me as soon as they find out that I am their mate. But still, I can't help but feel a longing for my mate and it has been over a month, I have had my inheritance and now I am just in pain and the days keep passing on and I don't even realize.