one

Do you feel the radiating evil intent the same way I do?

Well...?

Do you?

Is it still there for you as well?

Can you take it-

"Please... stop. It wasn't only you, okay?!" his broken voice screams.

I don't want to hear it.

I don't want to hear anything anymore.

I want his voice.

It's not there.

Why isn't it there?

Naib, tell me why it isn't there.

"Stop! Please!"

No.

I need it.

I need it with me.

I need it with me so bad-

"SNAP OUT OF IT! IT WASN'T ONLY YOU THAT GOT HURT, OKAY? JUST BECAUSE HE DESTROYED HIMSELF DOESN'T MEAN YOU ALSO GET THE RIGHT TO!"

The air around me feels dull. It's not really there, is it? It took hours upon hours to move all my belongings from his room - sneaking his things in my hoodie pockets to keep the smell of him still alive was the most difficult thing in the world.

Who cares that Wu Chang wanted everything burnt? I want to keep him with me. I want him in my presence.

I have the right to have him.

I always will.

I will always have him.

Naib is on his knees in front of me. How did he get there? Why is he crying? He has scissors. He has the scissors he cut the rope with. Holding them tightly to his chest, he sobs on my bedroom floor.

Stop.

Stop crying.

"It wasn't just you that got hurt..."

I know.

"It wasn't..."

He sobs louder. Repeating those words over and over and over and over and over again-

It wasn't, huh?

Not just me?

Who said it was?

I didn't.

I couldn't have.

I haven't said a thing since he faded away into thin air.

Before anyone else can do anything, the manor rumbles with fear. Something is wrong, we are malfunctioning. He wasn't allowed to die. The code didn't allow him to die. It didn't.

It also wants supposed to allow most things that happened in the past, but I guess there are fuck ups.

This one won't slide.

Maybe, it should.

He wants to be gone.

He wanted to be gone.

He was a goner.

He will always be a goner-

"Naib. Stop crying. You shouldn't care," I mumble, watching the male slowly stand up.

He stumbles as he does so, but I can't stop that. His hands slam against my shoulders, pushing me back onto the bed. His eyes are red, angry, sad.

"STOP ACTING LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED! HE'S DEAD! YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT! NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, HE ISN'T COMING BACK! IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS! STOP HOPING!"

His harsh shaking as he screams in my face rips the cut Eli left me with open again. Blood beads down my cheek.

It hurts. Not the cut, but everything else.

It all hurts so bad.

I can't feel anything at all anymore.

"Somethings wrong, Naib. I know he has to come back. You said it yourself: it's part of the game code."

The boy's head falls. He lets go of my shoulders. He's going to hit me- No. He just sobs, his head falling into my lap.

"He tried so hard all those times, and I think the system gave mercy... I think our boy finally got what he wanted more than anything..."

"He went through a lot of pain for it to work, but it never did before. He's okay. He always wakes up," I laugh. I have to laugh. I don't want to cry anymore.

"It's never taken this long. His skin has never gone cold before. He's gone this time."

No he's not.

I won't let him leave me.

I won't let him get away from me that easily.

-:-:-

Sorry this took so long.

I originally wasn't going to do it.

Sorry this is short, it's just for the intro. The rest will be longer with more detail and more povs.

Sorry for the wait, hope I can give you all the angst you desire now. :))

-Mags++