seven

Slamming the glass bottle down on the table, Aesop lets out a small scream, which makes all the others sitting around the metal table jump. The spectating room had been their spot for awhile, free for other people to come in as they like, but this time, the doors are blockaded shut. Naib's doing, of course, but Emma would've done it herself if she had to. 

She wasn't part of the main group at first. Well, at least Eli and Aesop had never really noticed it. Despite what Eli would say about his main group, Emma was always there. Mostly with Emily and Wu Chang, Emma did everything she could with her father's power to help that group out and fuck other ones over. She tried, and Emily knew that more than anyone.

After Eli finally left them, Emma got a lot closer to the group. It was what she wanted. She wanted to be someone again. Someone that could actually mean something more than a hunter's daughter. 

"He didn't fucking remember us! They did something to him! Did you see how much heavier he was? They couldn't have fed him that much in such a little time. It's like they reset it. He's the same as he was when he joined the manor, but no one that's been here could possibly be that heavy."

Yes, meals were served, but lunch doesn't exist in a place like this, and big portions are something you don't come across often. Meals are made to be keep them alive, not to fill. For a long time, Wu Chang tried to make as much food every day without running out, and there was still not enough for everyone to leave full. That's not how things work around, and with even more mouths to feed, it's worse. 

It will always continue to get worse. 

"Please, calm down. Naib has already explained to us how reality was altered, so we know that he probably didn't actually die. If he did, maybe they had to reset to some point?"

"The last time he felt completely okay, probably." 

"That long ago?" Emily asks, countering what Naib said.

"Probably. It's gotta be like that for all of us, I'd say. Once you learn about the game we've been thrown into, it's gotta take some portion that can't be restored." 

Realizing that Naib is probably right, Emily stands, grabbing her syringe from her pouch, along with a few small bottles. Everyone watches her with wide eyes as she takes a certain mixture of them and puts it in. 

"What are you...?" Tracy starts, but smiles soon after. Emily looks up with wide eyes and a big smile. 

"We're going to get our boy back no matter what it takes."

-:-:-

Eli sits in the dark room, only one light being in the center. He stays in the corner, backed against the wall. This person is horrifying, as he's never seen them before. Hell, even if he has, they would still be so fucking scary. 

"You don't have to be afraid, Eli. They are on your side, trust me. They're probably just excited to see a new survivor here."

It didn't really look like excitement on their faces to Eli. They were panicked. Scared. Almost like everything that could've gone wrong did, and now they're trying to fix it, but just don't know quite how yet. 

Eli Clark has no idea where he has been placed in this world. The building isn't a part of the main manor, as it was farther in the woods, but... it feels new. Whether he can remember anything or not, this is something that wasn't here before. 

Yes. Running through the forest from someone. He definitely ran through this area, and it was empty. Whoever that was, they stabbed him, and he knows that better than anyone, but there is no scar. All the scars that should be there are gone. They've been taken away from the boy. 

The door on the wall opposite of Eli opens, someone quickly coming in and shutting it. They shiver hard, letting out a low whistle, before flipping the switch right beside the door. Suddenly, the room lights up completely, bright LEDs nearly blinding the boy leaned up against the wall. The person looks at Eli, totally freezing at the sight of him.

"Yo, Percy, weren't the direct orders after his arrival to bring him to the kitchen. I thought Wu Chang had to give him some orientation or something..." they ask, still rapidly rubbing their hands together. 

This person is male, but their dark hair is messy and a little too long, like they forgot to cut it for a couple months but just left it. They're pale and dressed in a simple way. The only real feature that sticks out is their one droopy, purple eyelid. This man either has a horrible black eye or an issue with that certain one. 

Percy looks at the other man Eli doesn't recognize, rubbing his forehead in agitation simply by the sight of him.

"Prisoner. You were supposed to stay in the manor until I said you could leave. I'm waiting for Wu Chang here."

Prisoner? 

The word rings in Eli's ears loud, but he can't tie it to anything at all. Were they all prisoners here? Is that what it was? No, it doesn't feel right, but that's just about the best lead he's got. 

The door flies open, crashing into the boy's hip hard. The male shoots forward, hands gripping the metal table in front of him, as it's the only thing in the cold room at all. Hissing in pain, he shoots a look back at whoever entered so quickly. 

Wide eyes. They stand there with puffy, red eyes, arms still out from throwing the door open. They're huffing, like they just ran to this place as fast as possible.

Holy shit. 

Eli feels something running up and down his spine. The tingle makes him stand quick, watching the other carefully. It's him right? It is. It has to be. The hunter stands there for another second before a wide smile comes across his face. He doesn't know whether to laugh or dry as Eli begins to approach a lot quicker. 

Nearly at a run, Eli shoots at Xie hard, crashing into him at full force. The familiar arms wrap around his body tight, the taller male gripping onto Eli like he's afraid the other will fall into nothing right there in his arms. 

"Eli. You remember me?" he whispers in the survivor's ear, to which Eli nodded. Before being able to pull away and say something else, Xie grabs the back of the boy's head and rips it to his chest, bending down to whisper in his ear. The atmosphere and his voice suddenly get a lot darker. "Don't let anyone but us know that. If you make the mistake of slipping up to anyone else, I can't promise I can protect you."

With that, Xie shoves Eli away from him, making the male fall onto the floor. Wiping his shirt in disgust confuses Eli, but then he realizes they aren't alone in the room.

"Watch yourself, survivor. I don't know what you were thinking just now, but that won't fly here. You'll get torn apart before you can spew out a word," he says sternly. When Percy and the one called Prisoner begin shuffling towards the door, Xie flashes a small wink at Eli, which makes the survivor smile and start to stand. 

So... this is how things are gonna be now, huh?