♥︎ Criminal At Heart ♥︎

Start from the beginning

The man sniffed, inspecting the watch carefully before opening the door he stood guard of. "Barely enough this time Ladybug, bet Boss won't be too happy with the stealing." He managed to say before shutting the door behind me as I entered.

The lair was dimly lit up with stolen lamps and disco lights, everyone looked up to me for a moment before going back to what they were doing. "Nice to see you Ladybug." Jeoffard, a notorious marauder but also a good bartender, purred from behind the bar counter as I approached. I took a seat on one of the bar stools, looking up at the glitching TV, which was in the centre of the lair. It was on the news channel, talking about a priceless artefact stolen from the Louvre.

I sighed, knowing very well who stole it. "Aha! Look! I made it on the news. The fools, they only put twenty guards in the museum. Talk about easy. Though I bet none of you could complete the stealing!" Queen Bee (A/N: Chloe) sashayed towards the bar, taking a seat next to me. She examined her painted perfect nails before noticing my stare.

She grimaced in disgust, "Oh hey, Lady-trash. Heard you got a measly earning tonight." She drawled, spinning a straw in her fizzy beverage that Jeoffard handed her. I scowled, "Where's your slave? A shame she's not here, I really liked her." I hastily changed the subject, winning a frown from her.

"You mean the dog? Oh, she's out stealing extra earnings for Boss." My eyes lit up as I remembered that today I was meant to get my pay from Boss. I hopped off my stool, sparing a glance around the lair which was full of thieves, before walking into a dark corridor that led to his room.

As I was about to open Boss' door, I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder abruptly. I turned swiftly and aimed a kick to the side of the person. I stopped as quickly as I had reacted when I met Viperon's (A/N: Luka) blazing cyan eyes. I let out a breathy sigh, putting my leg down that was hovering just a few millimetres from his hip.

"Nice kick, could use some more momentum though."

"I reacted on instinct, no need to criticize it," I grumbled. "What are you doing here anyway? Doesn't your shift start in a few?" I questioned as I looked upon my yo-yo watch. He chuckled, "Just needed my good luck charm before heading out." He placed a soft kiss on my cheek before disappearing into the dark hallway. I gently touched the place he had kissed me, a warm feeling enveloping my chest.

"Whoever is out there, come in or scram." I shook the weird feeling off and placed my emotionless mask before heading into Boss' office. "Ah, well if it isn't one of my favourite thieves. Welcome Ladybug."

I nodded my head as a curt but polite greeting, "I'm here to get my pay." I said. He grinned like a Cheshire cat, making a shrill go down my spine. "Well.. let's see how much you earned you this week. On Monday and Tuesday... 5,000 Euros worth of jewels from 'Arc de France'. Mmm, I adore their ornaments. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday you stole 6,500 Euros worth of trinkets and money. Saturday 2,000 Euros." Finally, he looked up at me, his grin widening, displaying his sharpened and whitened teeth. "Sunday, today, only 600 Euros worth of... a watch?" His eyes glinting with malice as they met mine. He 'tsked' mockingly.

He turned in his chair, his back facing me as he opened his safe that stored money. When he turned back, he threw a stack towards me and I caught it with ease. I hastily counted the money, my frown deepening when I realised my pay.

"Only 500 Euros?" I asked bitterly, my eyes glaring at the stacks of money he held on to. He let out an indifferent noise. "What, do you want me to lessen it?" Reluctantly, I muttered out a 'no'.