Chapter 2

It was a hot summer's day the azure blue sky was littered with puffy clouds that bought in an euphoric feeling.

Wednesday leaned against the window pane, golden sunlight poured in tiny particles. She gave a heavy sigh as a flock of strawberry blonde hair fell down her face she tucked it behind her ear. She turned around to face her mirror.

She was staring at her own reflection her emerald eyes glistened, her wide forehead was covered with bangs and her strawberry blonde hair ran down silkily till her waist. Her surprisingly sharp jawline was another feature for her elegancy.

Wednesday tried to appreciate the gorgeous view and the scenery outside, she tried to appeal with nature, but she felt an odd sensation today.

School semester was coming to an end and she hoped that something would happen that would make everyone go crazy she wished for something magical to happen.

Her tempting thoughts were beyond impossible. Because life isn't a fairy tale where your dreams magically come true.

She spun around sensing that someone was watching over her she cautiously tip-toed her way across the room trying to ensure she was safe and alone.

Her gaze fell upon the silver mirror that shone more gracefully in the golden sunlight engravings were carved on to the smooth wooden frame.

de tenebris cordis

Followed by exquisite carvings touched with desirable and shiny emeralds, that produced an aura of power and magic.

She smiled to herself it quickly faded away to a frown as she saw tears rolling down her cheeks. Her hand shot up quickly it was highly unusual for her as she never cried.

Wednesday froze. Her heart bounding faster than it has ever been. She had a smile on her face while the reflection on the mirror had a sad expression with tears.

She backed off quickly knocking the lamp she scrambled frantically to pick it up. She knocked her head on the table a water jar fell on the floor shattering before her eyes.

It struck her ominous that something like this would happen. She pulled herself up no longer grinning an expression of fear etched upon her face.

"Wednesday! Wednesday ! Honey are you alright" her mother came bounding up the stairs.

Her small kind eyes swam around the room in anxiety.

"Darling what happened?" Mrs Fosbery asked in a fearful tone.

Wednesday had gone numb with fear.

"Yeah Mom I I guess I am alright" she stuttered half shouting.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah Mom positive" Wednesday said grinning up at her mother.

"Okay then honey better clean up the mess you made. Be more careful next time. Handle the glass carefully"

"Okay Mom don't worry I will"

Mrs Fosbery left the room.

Wednesday was a responsible girl who was always cautious of her surroundings.

She hurried over and started to clean up the mess. She cautiously picked up the shattered glass with a dust pan and threw it to the bin which was close by.

Her stomach lurched in an unpleasant way she started mopping the floor in great distress.

She switched on the fan it began to dry up as the cool air began to hit the floor.

Her mind couldn't cooperate with her body she slipped and knocked her shin.

Her face as red as a tomato. Finally she managed to lift herself up.

"I am so excited today," Diamin told Wednesday as they walk to school from home. Wednesday knew it was time to stop listening to her friend as Diamin always was a repeat and Wednesday was used to it.

"Mrs Keyes will be handing out our homework sheets today. I am kinda sad that it's the last day" Diamin continued excitedly with a sad expression etched upon her face.

"Think about all the educational resources we're going to learn"

"Mrs Keyes told us the other day that many children are deprived of reading books and instead put into watching cartoons that depict the original characters in various ways! How, sad for them and how terrible! Don't you feel bad for them?"

"Wednesday are you listening to me?"

"Yeah" Wednesday replied lying to her friend. She kicked the dead brown leaves that carpeted the gravel driveway not paying attention to Diamin.

"Like sleeping beauty, she's a hip pop warrior that works as an underground spy"

"Wow that sounds so cool!"

"Your missing the point" Diamin sighed in exasperating as her silky brown hair bobbed along.

"Well, it does teach us something" Diamin said.
"I meant the original version"

"Well I don't know but maybe they could've invited the enchantress, none of that wouldn't have happened and everyone is in peace"

"Actually they pissed her off"

Wednesday said without hesitation in a confident voice.

"Let's put aside the misinterpretation, honestly it doesn't matter though she would've struck them for sure"

"It teaches us to obey our parents, growing up presents many risks in life no matter how hard you try to escape it just follows and love conquers all"

Wednesday bit her lip silence surrounding her. There was no way she would win arguing with Diamin.

Wednesday was someone who was painfully honest about everything she is funny and jovial.

By the time they reached school the assembly had already started. Before they knew it was already lunch time.

Afternoon sessions at school seemed boring and the time on the clock is always frozen. They had been given a very special assignment at school.

' A special experience that shaped my life was '

School ended and by the time they reached home they found a note with sparkly letters that said ' will be back home by 7 pm '.

Wednesday and Diamin grinned together a little peaceful time for the two best friends.

They ran bounding up the stairs their sneakers thudding the floor with rebounding echoes.

Out of her eye Diamin spotted a yellow paper sticking out of the mirror.

She took it out curiosity in her blue eyes.

speculo speculum murum ad vitam monstrant viam lux tenebris.

With that the mirror started glowing fractals of beads appeared which was filled red liquid substance the mirror was lifted off above the ground, rattling ghostly sounds coming out if it. It glowed and a blinding white light spread in all directions.

"No!!" Diamin and Wednesday both yelled in unison as the mirror fell on top of them.

Second chapter is done. There is a small change. I've changed the character Jaden as Wednesday. Thank you so much for deciding to read my book. First chapter was a prologue. I published this chapter after working on it for about three days. Please don't hesitate to tell me about your opinions and point out my mistakes. Comment down what you think about it.

Which fictional would you love to be in real life. Just a random question.

Thank you - Plum Pudding stories.