{Part 1}

Unsolved deaths are the most interesting sorts of cases to me.

Who would've thought that a person who existed one day could suddenly vanish the next?

Are they really dead or are they actually alive? What were their lives like? Why did they disappear, or die in the first place? Did they leave any clues?

Clues can lead to the answer to all these questions, yet even professionals probably wouldn't notice that these clues ARE the answer, unless they read between the lines.

However, what would you do if you maybe knew the person who up and died, and had an idea as to why they did?

Ah, you see, this is may be my dilemma. The worst part is that there's a chance that whatever is happening to me might just be that clue.

Yes, unsolved deaths are the most interesting sorts of cases to me...

But solving them might just be my favorite sport.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Between the Lines
Short Story by TheShipWriter913

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"I'm sorry," said the lady at the desk as she pushed up her glasses and looked at me with little to no concern. "You just don't have the qualifications for this job."

I sighed and walked out of the office with my head hung in defeat.

As I sat down at the bus stop, I swiftly pushed my long, 26-inch hair out of the way to look for my diary.

The moment I opened it, I smiled at all my small notes from different unsolved cases I'd had come across. My weird fascination with this kind of stuff is probably the main reason why I spent so many years as a loner.

I kept flipping the pages until I landed on the entry that was titled, "Job Options." I put a huge X on 'office secretary' before closing my diary and putting my hand out for the bus to stop.

{⋅. ♪ .⋅}

"I'm finally home!" I sung out loud, flipping onto my bed in exhaustion.

I screamed in frustration in my pillow before getting myself together and ranting my problems through writing.

As per usual, I pushed up my chair towards my desk and began writing as soon as I sat down.

Everything from goals to somewhat fond memories; it was all recorded right here in this book.

I wrote about my horrible luck at finding a job and how the stress was affecting my grades. I wrote about the terrible maintenance workers and how they still hadn't fixed the AC, and I even wrote about whether or not my hair grew any longer today.

Once I was done ranting all my feelings onto the pages, I decided to get up, take a shower, and get ready for bed. After all, I still had other places to check out the next day.

It didn't take long, probably about 15 minutes, and by the time I was done I was quite ready for bed.

"Hm?" Out of nowhere, my diary caught my attention. It was still open to the page I had just written on, but I shrugged it off and figured that I might've just forgotten to close it.

I got closer to it and upon further inspection, I saw a small drawing of a pony with the words, "I'm sorry to hear that! Things will get better!"

"Did I draw this? I don't remember doing that..." I mumbled as I closed my diary and climbed onto my bed without giving it a second thought.

Maybe I just wrote it subconsciously... I thought as I began to drift off to sleep......

.

Suddenly, my eyes shot open and I sat up and looked over at my diary in confusion.

"It couldn't be me...and it wasn't there before...plus I live alone..."

"So is there someone else in here with me?"