Part Nine

Hello! I'm sorry this update took so long. It was a huge update, and I felt pretty unmotivated for a little while. However, I've done it, so your possible fears of it being discontinued can go away. Enjoy!

"Are you ready, Zuko?"

Zuko trembled. "No!" He was standing on the top of one of the tallest hills on campus, preparing to test out their hoverboard project. He had been fine with the idea for some time, but now, looking down at the jagged pebbles and mud piles, he was starting to get cold feet.

"Are you sure this works, Sokka?"

"That's what we're trying to find out, isn't it?" Then Sokka seemed to realize what he said. He turned back to Zuko's terrified expression. "I mean, of course it works! I wouldn't ask you to try it otherwise."

That was reassuring.

Against his better judgement, Zuko decided to trust Sokka and his engineering prowess. He tightened his helmet, handed Sokka his phone to call 911, and started down the hill.

Adrenaline pumped through his veins, and the wind rushed in front of his face. The hoverboard was surprisingly steady, but the jagged pebbles caused it to be bumpy and uneven. With every lurch of the board, Zuko was ready to dictate his will and leave everything to his uncle. About halfway through, however, the fear started to pass as none of the lurches caused him to hurtle to the ground.

"Wooo!" Zuko hollered, his heart pumping with energy.

"Yeah, Zuko!" Sokka hollered back at the top of his lungs.

Their enthusiasm seemed to waver, however, as Zuko realized he was on a collision course right towards Sokka. 

"Look out!" Zuko screamed, pelting too fast down the hill to slow down. Sokka tried to run, but Zuko had already slammed into his chest, catapulting the two of them to the ground. The hoverboard rolled away as Zuko collapsed on top of Sokka.

Zuko picked his chin off of Sokka's chest, coughing up dirt. "Are you okay, Sokka?"

By the look on Sokka's face, he wasn't. Despite the mud all over his cheeks, his face was burning like an inferno, probably because Zuko skidded him on the ground.

Suddenly, a chorus of snickers interrupted Sokka before he could answer. They both turned to see a young woman standing a few yards away and laughing hysterically. She bore a striking resemblance to Sokka, with cocoa colored skin, piercing blue eyes and thick chocolate hair. Her hair, however, was much longer, and was loose except for a small bun on top of her head. A cerelean halter top hugged her torso, while a pair of ripped blue jeans hugged her hips. Glossy black ankle boots sat at her ankles, silver hoops hung from her ears, and she wore a choker around her neck. The choker was identical to the one Yue always wore, except for the design on the pendant part of it.

"Sokka," she said, laughing with every word, "is there something I should know?"

Now it was Zuko's turn to heat up.

...................

Sokka was dead. He had died of embarrassment, and there was no chance of resurrection. He stormed over to his sister, his cheeks flaming from anger and humiliation. "No, there isn't! We were just trying out my hoverboard, and it works! What are you even doing here?" He was talking a mile a minute.

Katara grinned. "I'm visiting for winter break, obviously! Didn't Aang call you?"

"No, he didn't! Why would you trust Aang to handle technology anyway? You know he's like a hundred mentally, right?" Sokka protested. Then he let Katara's words go through his brain. "Wait, you're visiting for winter break?"