Chapter 34

(Sorry for the late update. I hit a writers block....multiple times. And after a lot of caffeine and screaming into my pillow, I'm still not satisfied with it. But here we are anyway.)

I stomp around my kitchen slamming cabinet doors. Do I look like a good host? No, I'm tired and cranky and I just want my boyfriend not a cocky chicken. Why am I even making him something?

"Hey I wasn't gonna drop in but you played with my feather." He points out making himself at home at my bar.

"I wasn't playing with it. I incinerated it, remember?" I grab a cup and some tea. Making my uninvited guest a cup and setting it in front of him. "Want to tell me why you were snooping around my place?"

"It's my job as a hero to protect the beautiful women of this city." He smirks at me.
"Just making sure you're safe, baby bird."

"Tch, I don't believe that for one second, was it my father?" I eye him. He avoids my eyes as he focuses intently on his tea. "Or was it Toya?"

*COUGH* "Er so that was quite a lip lock you and your sweetheart had today." He changes the subject. "You both are the talk of the town. 'Future high school sweethearts' and all that. A lot of people are asking if you will be a hero team when you graduate."

"I'm gonna be a team with my brother, Shoto." I say. I sigh growing impatient with this conversation "What do you want, Hawks?"

"Awe I knew you wasn't one for pillow talk." In a flash he is in front of me. Caging me against the counter. "I'm getting the feeling that you don't like me, baby bird."

"Oh...I'm sorry." I say looking up at him through my lashes. "I thought I made it pretty clear that I didn't like you. I'll work on that"

"Feisty girl." He purrs putting his hand on my waist. I grab his wrist with my right hand stopping his movements.

"You want to lose that hand? I'm not interested, bird brain." I say heating up my hand. He yanks his hand back with a hiss. I walk past him and out of the kitchen.

"What do you not like about me? Why can't I have a chance?" He pouts. I turn and give him a pointed look as he follows me.

"I have everything I could ever want and need with Bakugo. Why would I downgrade?" I flop down on the couch. He walks up to the back of the couch leaning over it.

"Let me guess. You're each other's first? Never been with anyone else? How do you know you you are getting what you need if you don't know anything but him?" His voice dropping to appear seductive. I roll my eyes. "I wonder what he's doing at that party tonight? With all those other girls?"

"Did you not see him today? He's strong and wasn't afraid to show the world I was his. He's never given me a reason not to trust him. Why does it matter to you anyway?" I say, irritated.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. Last I heard he was pretty drunk"  Hawks says faking concern. I stand up and turn to glare at him.

"How do you even know that? Besides Bakugo doesn't drink like that." I walk over and slide open the balcony door.

"I have my sources. It's my job to look after you." He says walking up to me. I turn my back and walk away from him.

"I'm not playing these games with you. If you can't be honest then I have no more use for you. You know the way out." I wave my hand towards the balcony. His chuckle sounds right against my ear as his wings flutter.

"You know I don't remember you getting hit in your face today." His fingers skim the sore skin on my temple. I flinch away from his touch. He walks over to the balcony and stops at the door. "If you need me you know where to find me, baby bird."